Here's Looking At You, Kid by Douglas

Merkin

What goes around comes around, thankfully. I've just reread, for maybe the third time, "Here's Looking At You, Kid" by Doug (which is the Dude's novel recommendation for this month). I was totally entranced by this story my first time through it, and even more so when it provided the basis for Doug's stunningly brilliant "Tryptychs," which is perhaps my very favorite on-line baseball story with benefits ever posted (smile). But then, Douglas is the sort of writer that would get me to reread over and over the copy on a box of cereal if he had written it.

His page is here:
http://awesomedude.com/douglas/index.htm

I'm a huge Douglas fan. Like James I've read 'Here's Looking At You, Kid' more than once, and his other novels too.

Worryingly, 'Please Come With Me' - one of my favourite dystopian short stories of all time (it opens 'Midnight dude', the AD book of short stories) - seems to be becoming closer to reality with every day that passes.

Please Come With Me is my favorite short story of all time. It's terrible and wonderful and frightening all at the same time, and it portends what could happen right here in the USA.

Colin :icon_geek: