Fifty years of change: Social history through the eyes of a 78yo gay man

Graeme

Nice that someone is around to talk about their own experienced in the days when being gay (or queer, or homo) was illegal and you could be jailed. While those days seem past in many places, in other places there are being re-initiated. Like North Carolina. Shame!

Colin :icon_geek:

Nice that someone is around to talk about their own experienced in the days when being gay (or queer, or homo) was illegal and you could be jailed. While those days seem past in many places, in other places there are being re-initiated. Like North Carolina. Shame!

Colin :icon_geek:

One of my major fears given the current isolationist mood in the UK is that not only will the UKIPers and their ilk withdraw us from the European Union they will also pull us out of the Council of Europe, so from the European Convention on Fundamental and Human Rights. If that happens there is nothing to stop them reversing the laws on homosexuality. I appreciate it might sound far fetched but three years ago I attended a UKIP meeting where it was stated by a number of people during the meeting that once they got us out of Europe they could get rid of all the "all the stupid laws protecting queers and perverts".