More editing comments

aj

It's been awhile since anyone said anything in here...I have no excuse myself, other than the usual time issues that seem to plague most editor's lives. At the present time, I'm struggling to keep up with the weekly schedule for The Scrolls, working on a re-edit of Perry and Jesse (and being shamelessly slow, I admit) and starting to work with a new author named Dio, who is writing a piece called "Grey-eyed Justice" which you can find over on Gay Authors(you know--the other guys). I heartily reccomend GEJ, btw...it's a wonderful piece of writing. Dio is a new author, but has quite a way with words. He's been doing a creditable job of his own editing, but has decided to give an external editor a try.

I haven't really heard much from the other folk that hang here...Aaron, Talonrider, the chubby scarab, and the others, and I'd be interested in knowing what alla y'all are up to...anything new or interesting going on with you guys? Any particularly challenging pieces you been working on?

cheers!

aj

Hey, AJ,

With all my school activities and The Mail Crew taking up so much of my time, I'm still mostly just working on Graeme's "New Brother" and Ryan Keith's "Kayden and Zac", although I've just started editing a new and promising story by a 17-year-old Irish high school student. I haven't heard from him in about a week, so I'm hoping I haven't scared him off. I told him the first sentence of his prologue was similar to the infamous "It was a dark and stormy night..."

I do get sample chapters from authors who want me to edit for them, but I have to turn them down because of time constraints.

If I could find the time, I might even try writing something. I'm alphabetically at the top of the list of authors here at AD, but I've only written that one little story. If I do find time to write another story, I might do something that attacks "That's so gay!", which burns my ***. :evil:

Cheers,

Aaron

If I could find the time, I might even try writing something. I'm alphabetically at the top of the list of authors here at AD, but I've only written that one little story. If I do find time to write another story, I might do something that attacks "That so gay!", which burns my ***.

Go for it Aaron! Your first story was great. One suggestion, don't do so many rewrites and get so nervous over #2. Just let if flow.... :p

As for me, I haven't been that busy. Besides waiting on the next chapter of Collision, which has been running slow and at no fault of the authors, I've editted Broken Chapter 21 for James. I've been approached by one author I've done work for in the past, asked about doing some more for him. Nothing more from him in a few weeks now.

I've had nothing new from another author for a few months now. But I understand why completely. Although, I'm not the only one he uses.

I've also been approached by two young writers, Harrod200 and William both of DW, about doing work for them. It's been a week now with no further word from them on the stories.I might add that, William is a young man that has had parental restrictions placed upon him so contact is limited to chat mainly. He recently came out to his mom.

Plus, add into the mix, that I've got a bf now who lives in Ukraine, which tends to make things interesting, to say the least.. So other than that, I haven't done much.

Real Life has been busy for me. I'm working on coming out, too.

I'm trying to write some myself. If I could just convince my muse and plot bunnies to cooperate when I'm at the computer instead of doing other things, when writing isn't readily possible, that'd help my output greatly.

I've promised to edit or critique or format for a couple of people, and (yipe) I need to get that done.

I've also promised to read a few things, either for an opinion or to avoid friends putting me in the doghouse or just to know a story.

Truth be told, I've probably overpromised myself. I get enthused or ambitious or just plain don't say no sometimes.

Anyway, I'll get through my list.

If I could find the time, I might even try writing something. I'm alphabetically at the top of the list of authors here at AD, but I've only written that one little story. If I do find time to write another story, I might do something that attacks "That so gay!", which burns my ***.

I really wish you would write again. I'd love to see what your creative side comes up with. Don't be hyper-critical of your own writing, however. Relax and have fun imagining and writing it down, then edit it afterwards, if that will help you get through it.

Good, if you decide to write a piece that attacks "That's so gay!"

Good, if you'd rather write to make some other point.

Good, if you'd rather just write a good yarn, without any predefined moral or theme. Those will emerge naturally anyway, as you write.

But *please* write a story. It'd be a good way to exercise your creative writing muscles, as well as your fingers! Never mind that many of us are curious to see what you'd write.

8)

You know, if anyone other than TR had made that last comment, I'd be offended...as it is, I know he took valuable time from his "Bitches That Brunch" membership drive activities to bring us that comment, so I actually feel rather complimented. :cheers: :cheers:

Many kisses, TR.

cheers,

aj