Chat

Every once in a while, I will see other members online, and think, "Gee. It would be nice to just say a few words, like "Hi. Howya doin'?"" But there is no effective way to do this. I'm wondering if it is possible to make this easier.

My suggestion, which is two-part, is:

Make a small 'window', much like the AD Radio window which shows if someone is logged into the chat service. This will allow one to know if it is a waste of time to even start up the javascript.

Make a Chat Invite section on the member's Profile under Communication, and have this pop up an invite window to this member immediately. Have an option for members to disable this Chat Invite, and have their profile say that it is disabled. This leaves the option with the members being asked for contact, but increases the chance of contact being successful.

As it sits now, it is virtually impossible to ever get a chat going, unless we post a notice a week ahead of time, and even then the different time zones would likely kill our chances of success.

Being familiar with Invision Boards myself. On the home page, in the Board Stat's at the bottom, if some one is in the chat room, a header appears there showing who's there much the same way it lists who's visting the sites.

If no one is in chat, the header is not shown. I'd try to demonstrate it for you, but since I'm at work at the moment and proxy does allow chats, I can't.

Jan

Yes I'm inclined to sit and chat awhile. But no one there yet.

I think it will take time. Even the Nifty chat-room has long periods of quiet.

Truthfully though I haven't been there for a while - been too busy reading at AwesomeDude and Codey's World. :icon10:

Errrrr, now this is one life's interesting problems.

If I tell TR where the Nifty chatroom is then will he go there instead of using AD chat.

On the other hand if I don't tell him where it is he could spend hours, days even looking for it and we would be deprived of his wisdom.

Hmmmm? OK! Here is the link but you have to promise to come back to us :icon10:

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/chat.html

Dude. I made it small so perhaps no one else will see it.

:unsure:

If I tell TR where the Nifty chatroom is then will he go there instead of using AD chat.

On the other hand if I don't tell him where it is he could spend hours, days even looking for it and we would be deprived of his wisdom.

Hmmmm? OK! Here is the link but you have to promise to come back to us :icon10:

[

Hmm, I see what you mean. I logged in and a bunch of them said they loved my stories :unsure: and a guy named Kip asked if I'd do their Author Chats. I said, sure. Definitely a busy chatroom there...

Thanks, Des.

Kisses...

TR :bunny: