Driver's Story

Trab

If we all chip in, do you think we could bribe him to write five more chapters?

C

No.

Chapter 16 of 'Anything We Want - Paul' has been released, and WOW does it take off!

I'm in awe.

Finally! (The last couple of chapters haven't had much action.)

Colin :hug:

I've heard that someone is quoting my comment above on another site and interpreting it as a complaint about the lack of sex in the story. My comment certainly didn't mean lack of sex in the story! Driver explains that there is no sex in the story. I'm not reading the story for sexual content. What I meant is that there were several chapters in a row that seemed to be providing only background information, with little drama to move the story forward. Driver sure turned that around when he set up the kidnapping; the action and suspense has come big-time with the kidnapping! Regardless of my "The last couple of chapters haven't had much action" comment, I started reading Anything We Want - Paul when chapter 1 was originally posted on www.storiesbydriver.net/vermont/index.htm. I've continued reading the story because I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I am a fan of Driver's stories.

Colin :icon_geek:

And just to put a positive spin on my previous critique: I liked the fact that Driver stirred in some interesting tidbits about the billionaire father's investments in the final chapter. That helped.

Still, kind of an inconclusive ending. I agree completely with Colinian's comments above. Another chapter or two to round things out is probably warranted. And I can offer no higher praise for any story than to say "it held my interest, and made me want to read the whole thing." A couple of nit-picks on the ransom amount are minor in the grand scheme of things. The core idea is decent enough, and that's the key for me.

Also, a sidenote to WBMS: I wanted to make sure you understood that I think your story premise of a secret underground world below London was (and is) a terrific concept. I can buy into that with no problem at all, and in fact, it's a unique and intriguing idea, and I think you pulled it off well.

Crvboy mentions on his message board that there MAY be additional stories in the series. Probably something like "Anything We Want-Dana" (my guess)

Since Colinian's misinterpreted comment about the "action" in the story, it appears as though they have added a message on the story's main page:

Reminder: This is not a gay story nor will there be any "action"

At least I don't remember this line being there before.

And might I encourage you NOT to discuss this story here. Honour Driver's wishes please.

Faint hope, I guess.

Faint hope, I guess.

I'd like to point out that I wasn't discussing the story, I was discussing how my quote about the story in another topic here on AD, which is now closed, was misinterpreted and I wanted to make sure my intentions were known.

Colin :hug:

I have a question,

Let me see if I get this right, an author, not even hosted on this site, has asked that no one discusses his work? And we comply to this wish? I'm a bit confused on the logic behind this. And is it just me, or is this behavior a tad egocentric?

Jason

I wish I understood the ground rules better.

I'd love to enthusiastically endorse a petition to encourage another Anything We Want story, especially one whose title ends with '- Dana.' But, should I do this?

I think I can because it isn't a story yet, and so doesn't mess with the prohibition of discussing a Driver story. Yet, I feel I'm skirting the issue in the way a shifty lawyer would. I don't want to annoy anyone, and certainly not an author whose writing I so deeply admire.

I'm still confused.

C

• 3 months later...

In case you haven't kept up with the closing of CRVboy, here is what Robb has to say concerning Driver,

As for Driver's site, unfortunately, for the foreseeable future, you're going to have to visit there to see if there are new chapters. Driver has asked that no postings about new chapters be made on this forum or any others, and he's asked his readers to not post about new chapters either.