Is It Clickable?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Blog Link

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Webpage Link

• Yes
    • No

Someone wrote me and said the links in my signature do not work. That is they are not clickable. One goes to my blog and the other my web page.

It works for me. I am not sure if this user whose name resembles a side dish at a BBQ restaurant has something set wrong, if I've done something wrong.

Please click and let me know if it works (or at least see if you get a clickable event even if you don't want to click).

I'm wondering if it's even a board-wide setting like certain classes can click whilst others can't.

I'm wondering if it's even a board-wide setting like certain classes can click whilst others can't.

I don't know of any setting in the board software that affects who can and who can't click.

I'll check it out and see what I can find.

I'd like us all to be able to click with each other as often as possible. :hehe::sneaky::hehe::omg:

The links work for me. :icon1:

Someone wrote me and said the links in my signature do not work. That is they are not clickable. One goes to my blog and the other my web page.

Your links work fine under Mac OSX, both for Safari 3.1.2 and for the latest Firefox 3.

Both links work for me, and take me to the correct destination. "Pardon me, boy. Is this the Transylvania station?"

Colin :hehe:

Both links work for me, Wibby old boy! That's the first time I've ever been to La Maison de Tanuki. Inspired by Baker Street Tube station, eh? Love the Sherlock Holmes theme...

England is my favorite tourist haunt as well. I lived there for two years (mid 93-mid 95), and have been back twice on vacation. Personally though, I hope the exchange rates swings a bit more in our favor before I get the urge to return. $2.26 for a pound sterling? I about had a heart attack signing the receipt for dinner (or anything else) when I was there last December!

Rick

PS Personally, I think this entire event was a ploy to raise the rating on Wibby's Blog back to 4 stars! Tell me I'm wrong! :hehe:

I hate the thought that I've encouraged everyone to make Wibby gleeful, but it's turned out that way. Drat!

For some reason, that link hasn't worked for me for the past two days. Whether it did before, I don't know because I never tried it. Today, however, it now works. I just tried it, and bang, it worked.

Me and compluter are rather like oil and water. I started it up today just like I always do. And it worked on the link.

Who knows why. Probaby not even Colin, and he knows most everything.

C

PS: OK, everyone stop going to Wibby's site now! That was never supposed to happen!

They both worked fine for me. Cole, I've had a problem with other pages a few times, and it has almost always been the memory in my computer. What seems to happen is that when I click on a link, the next time I go there it brings up the memory of what it was last time, if it was that same day. What I need to do then is REFRESH that screwed up or seemingly missing page, and it pops into view.

I have this most often with the Mustard Jar, trying to get Ron's latest chapter. I think it's not posted, but it is, and I only need to refresh.

OK, I just figured it out. Now don't all climb all over me for being stupid. I already know I'm stupid, so you're beating a very dead horse agreeing with me. We can all concede I'm stupid and be done with it.

What happened, what usually happens, is I zoom the screen so I can actually read what's written here. When I do that, it sometimes changes the relationship of what's on the screen visually and what's there for the pointer to find. You guys will all understand this better than I do. But, as I said this morning, it was working fine, and that was because I wasn't zoomed.

Right now, with Trab's explanation, I thought that was interesting but I woudn't be able to tell because now the link worked. I tried it again to verify that, and this time it didnt work. And hitting F5 didn't help. But then I realized I was now zoomed. So I tried moving the arrow along the line with the links in it, and I found the links.

This is probably all second grade stuff for you guys, and I apologize for taking up your time. Also for having a hand in leading you to Wib's pages. Ugh!

C

Cole, sometimes I have noticed that when zooming, the links stay with the image to which they belong and at other times they do not. So it is not you fault.

You are not stupid. I do wish you would stop putting yourself down, that is our job. :hehe::sneaky:

That's the first time I've ever been to La Maison de Tanuki. Inspired by Baker Street Tube station, eh? Love the Sherlock Holmes theme...

England is my favorite tourist haunt as well. I lived there for two years (mid 93-mid 95), and have been back twice on vacation. Personally though, I hope the exchange rates swings a bit more in our favor before I get the urge to return. $2.26 for a pound sterling? I about had a heart attack signing the receipt for dinner (or anything else) when I was there last December!

Personally, I think this entire event was a ploy to raise the rating on Wibby's Blog back to 4 stars! Tell me I'm wrong! :hehe:

As you've since seen, it was indeed Mr. Cole Parker who asked said question and not a ploy. But the US$ to UK? rate is 1.87 now, down from $2.04 on my last trip so that pleases me -- and that was in December for me as well. I may or may not have been researching a future project.

The fact you lived there made me INSANELY jealous. And you are no doubt familiar with the very spot that inspired my epic story :)

I hate the thought that I've encouraged everyone to make Wibby gleeful, but it's turned out that way. Drat!

PS: OK, everyone stop going to Wibby's site now! That was never supposed to happen!

Don't worry. Today I am certainly not happy. And whether or not people visit my site is their own business. Some people will wish to be bored to death and others will not.