Important Book You Must Read (But so boring you were asleep)

Rad

So, I have to read this book "Electricity & Magnetism" by some Russian scientist to boost up my knowledge.

That is not my major but somehow I got myself entangled with it. Go figure :icon_geek:

Anyway, went to library and tried to read it.

I swear, I didn't get pass the 2nd page before I started yawning! I managed to go to page 10 with repeated yawnings. Then I thought that probably I should take another pose. So I rested my back on the chair back and started reading.

Next thing I know I was dreaming! I swear! I was jolted up when my head tilted too far to the right :shock:

That book is SOOO BORING! All small letters and a minimal of pictures.

I soldiered on though & finshed chapter 1 (20 pages) but none of what I read I remember :hehe: Hard to remember things when you yawned all the time :lol:

So folks! What's the last book you MUST read that treated you like mine? :icon_geek:

Well, it's not really a book, but the manual to make the laser printer work on my computer. Ho, hum, yawn. Eyes glazed over.

Modern Physics, 5th Edition, by Paul A. Tipler and Ralph A. Llewellyn.

Synopsis (from Barnes & Noble):

For the intermediate-level course, the Fifth Edition of this widely used text takes modern physics textbooks to a higher level. With a flexible approach to accommodate the various ways of teaching the course (both one- and two-term tracks are easily covered), the authors recognize the audience and its need for updated coverage, mathematical rigor, and features to build and support student understanding.

Continued are the superb explanatory style, the up-to-date topical coverage, and the Web enhancements that gained earlier editions worldwide recognition. Enhancements include a streamlined approach to nuclear physics, thoroughly revised and updated coverage on particle physics and astrophysics, and a review of the essential Classical Concepts important to students studying Modern Physics.

I mean, just reading the synopsis is enough to put anyone except a physicist or a physics professor to sleep.

BTW, I have a test in my General College Physics for Science and Engineering, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Relativity, and Quantum Physics course tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

OK, back to the book. [YAWN!]

Colin :icon_geek:

I mean, just reading the synopsis is enough to put anyone except a physicist or a physics professor to sleep.

Colin :icon_geek:

Don't forget those anal engineers. Rightr Cole?

And best of luck this morning on that test.

Richard

Synopsis (from Barnes & Noble):

For the intermediate-level course, the Fifth Edition of this widely used text takes modern physics textbooks to a higher level. With a flexible approach to accommodate the various ways of teaching the course (both one- and two-term tracks are easily covered), the authors recognize the audience and its need for updated coverage, mathematical rigor, and features to build and support student understanding.

Continued are the superb explanatory style, the up-to-date topical coverage, and the Web enhancements that gained earlier editions worldwide recognition. Enhancements include a streamlined approach to nuclear physics, thoroughly revised and updated coverage on particle physics and astrophysics, and a review of the essential Classical Concepts important to students studying Modern Physics.

BTW, I have a test in my General College Physics for Science and Engineering, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Relativity, and Quantum Physics course tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

Colin :wink:

Oooh migawd! LOL!

You're not joking :lol: It DID make my eyes glazed over :lol:

I once had a subject called "Computational Electromagnetics in Electrodynamics" [YAWN]

It's seriously boring & the recommended textbook (of the same name with the course) is completely useless :lol:

Why then did they recommend this book? :lol:

I still can't believe I pass the test (on the second try though :hehe: )

How's your test Collin?

My friend want to celebrate his 5th failed(!) test this semester :lol: we're going to the bar tonight :wink: