Alone by myself by WBMS

Lugnutz

you ever find a story you couldn't put down, no matter how tired you are?

this is it.

i was reading until bout 5:30am reading every bit, start to finish. i was going to post this when i was done, but my brain was fried.

great story, i'll be reading it again.

Hi, Jeff,

WBMS will be very pleased to hear you say that. In another thread he mentioned that the counters he had indicated it had three hits, and was disappointed when one person said that they had read it three times....

If his counters don't show four hits, he'll finally realised that their faulty and that LOTS of us have actually read and enjoyed it.

When I read it, he was still working on his "director's cut" version, and I was too enthralled to wait, so I tracked down the original version and finished by reading that one.

Graeme

you ever find a story you couldn't put down' date=' no matter how tired you are? this is it.

i was reading until bout 5:30am reading every bit, start to finish. i was going to post this when i was done, but my brain was fried.

great story, i'll be reading it again.[/color']

Nothing pleases me more than to cause you insomina :) I really do appreciate you taking the time post a note. As I tell my readers who do write, I appreciate even more the fact you spent your time to read what I have to say. AWMS is definitely a story with a message :)

-- wbms

If his counters don't show four hits' date=' he'll finally realised that they're faulty and that [i']LOTS[/i] of us have actually read and enjoyed it.

Yeah, but apparently the majority of my audience is heavily challenged by the use of a keyboard.

When I read it' date=' he was still working on his "director's cut" version, and I was too enthralled to wait, so I tracked down the original version and finished by reading that one.[/color']

You're missing out. The D/C is ever so much better. I like the original but it's just missing stuff. Most of the changes are subtle, but they account for another 8,000 words :)

-- wbms

there are few stories that'll keep me up all night, and i've written the authors, telling them so. something i should do more of. feedback is nice.

is there going to be any story about the future of AWMS?

i'm a whore for a good story, what can i say? :blush:

Thanks for the reminder, y'all. I've got to get caught up in reading various things, including going back to things I had to put down due to Real Life weird schedules. -- This means I'll have to restart reading AWMS. I had a partial idea about what was going on, when I left, historical and fantasy / science fictional, so it'll be exciting to see how it turns out.

tis there going to be any story about the future of AWMS?

If you mean a sequel, I wouldn't suggest holding your breath. If you mean a story with either or both of the main characters, I already tried a prequel and it was, shall we say, a resounding flop.

Will I continue to write. But of course. Prior to AWMS, I had written two other novels. I just don't always show what I've written to people. I am not motivated that way. However, when I decide to post something it's because I think it's worthwhile. So, when I get ignored, it hurts.

However nobody was put on earth to spare my feelings. I understand and accept that. It's just sometimes I get discouraged and think I should stop posting my stories. But I'll not stop writing.

In reality what will probably happen is that I'll email stories to a few of my more loyal fans who've corresponded with me over the past few years.

Aw, who the fuck knows WHAT I'll do. I just didn't want to ignore this post.

-- wbms

However, when I decide to post something it's because I think it's worthwhile. So, when I get ignored, it hurts.

i agree. i believe i have a combined 2000hits between Deweys and Scribblers sites. how many e-mails have i recieved?? 3, from the general public.

such is life.

Relax, WBMS and Jeff -- Advertising Rule of Thumb: If 10% of everyone who sees / hears your message replies (by buying your product or coming in the store or calling) you are doing *fantastic*. Besides, do you really want all 3000 hits to e-mail you and say, "Gawd, I loved it so much, I love you, I want pictures, here are my pictures, I came *twice* just reading it...." Or the reverse, "Eww, I hate you, I hate your goldfish, I hurled...." See? If you get even *one* comment that actually shows they weren't asleep when they read your story, that even has some useful comments, pro or con, then feel blessed. -- Feel free to remind me the next time I get down about some story or project.

Besides, do you really want all 3000 hits to e-mail you and say, "Gawd, I loved it so much, I love you, I want pictures, here are my pictures, I came *twice* just reading it...." Or the reverse, "Eww, I hate you, I hate your goldfish, I hurled...."

Ummm...................yeah. :blush:

Relax, WBMS and Jeff -- Advertising Rule of Thumb: If 10% of everyone who sees / hears your message replies (by buying your product or coming in the store or calling) you are doing *fantastic*. Besides, do you really want all 3000 hits to e-mail you and say, "Gawd, I loved it so much, I love you, I want pictures, here are my pictures, I came *twice* just reading it...." Or the reverse, "Eww, I hate you, I hate your goldfish, I hurled...." See? If you get even *one* comment that actually shows they weren't asleep when they read your story, that even has some useful comments, pro or con, then feel blessed. -- Feel free to remind me the next time I get down about some story or project.

I've only received one flame. I've received a few "there's not enough sex" e-mails. I've received a few rather unintelligent replies. I've also received some regular fan mail. And, more importantly, I've received some very nice intelligent, well thought out emails.

Amazingly, I answer every single email. And, yes, I do wish every reader would check in even if to say "I'm out here and reading."

However, I prefer not to know how many loads my readers blew. :)

-- wbms