News & Views - April 5, 2009

dude

Hi Gang...

Well, we made it. AwesomeDude turned five years old on Friday! With all the international moves we've made and the current state of the world economy... who'd a thunk it? But we're here and that's the important thing.

• On this auspicious occasion, we welcome new author, Seth Newman to the AwesomeDude family. Chapter 1 of his new Serial Novel Why Did He Die? is now available. Also check out his Author Page to learn a bit about the writer behind the story.
  • Middle School by Cole Parker Chapters 5 & 6 have been added since last weekend. More great characters we can identify with.
  • Simon Jimenez made good on his promise and brings us Chapter 5 of Don't Let Me Down along with tweaks to Chapters 3 & 4.
  • Mystery & Mayhem at St. Marks, A Sequel by Joel continues this week with Chapter 13. Have a good trip to Berlin, Joel.
  • Chapter 5 of Spring Break by Altimexis & David of Hope is now at Chapter 4. It will make you sit up and take notice!
  • Graeme's tale of gentle deception, The Price of Friendship continues with Chapter 15 this week. A party you won't want to miss!
  • So happy to have another chapter of How the Light Gets In by Duncan Ryder this week. It's Chapter 8.
  • Antiques and Homicide Chapter 9 by Rick Beck has been posted. So happy to have this well known and experienced writer at AwesomeDude.
  • The Lloyd King Story - Part 7 is up. This is the continuation of the Family & Friends Series by Ron Robbins.
  • Jack Scribe sends us Chapter 13 this week of Splash on the Web... the third story of the continuing 'Splash Series'

Whew... there you have them. Ten new Serial Novel Chapter Updates.

A bit of trivia: We almost started AwesomeDude on April 1st but back in 2004 a certain Tanuki Racoon, the author formerly known as WriteByMySelf or Wibby to both his friends, suggested we do it on April 3rd as nobody would take us seriously if we launched on Aprils Fools Day.

Rather than wax eloquent - that's what I named my 98 Dodge pickup - I'll just say a simple thanks to all the dedicated authors, editors, readers and friends who have made AwesomeDude the modest success it is today. Oh and a special thanks to those of you who have clicked on Kitty in the upper left hand corner of the AwesomeDude Home Page and contributed to keeping AwesomeDude here. We love and appreciate you all!

Until next time, have a great week of reading... and don't forget to say thanks to the authors who write for your enjoyment!

A bit of trivia: We almost started AwesomeDude on April 1st but back in 2004 a certain Tanuki Raccoon, the author formerly known as WriteByMySelf or Wibby to both his friends, suggested we do it on April 3rd as nobody would take us seriously if we launched on Aprils Fools Day.

Yeah, that's all true. I am proud to have been associated with this site for a long, long time. I often forget how long. Raccoons don't always have the best of memories.

It's been an interesting time for me. I know I've grown as an author, received helpful advice from some of you, and been through a lot. I've even made some solid on-line friends here, which is amazing since I don't make friends easily, and, well, I don't like people so much either.

This site has grown, too, and it's become a repository of some very fine fiction and even some non-fiction. We've seen a number of our members emerge as authors, and I think it's a testament to this site's community and denizens of various species/

And, as an author, I want to thank Dude for actually letting me make this my home. This wasn't the first place I was posted, nor is it the only place, but it is my home since I moved in -- well before I was known as that damned raccoon.

Thanks Dude!

:lol:

Wibby has summed up my feelings rather well. I know I have grown as an author since I discovered AwesomeDude.

I couldn't imagine being without you all. So Happy Birthday with a special thanks to the Dude himself for sharing the site with us all.

:lol:

Congratulations, Dude!

This is also my home and my main story site, and that's almost totally due to the fantastic effort that Dude has put in over the years to try to make this a place that's accommodating to both readers and writers. He has worked extremely hard to do what's right for all concerned and I, for one, really appreciate the work he's done.

Thanks, Dude!

It's my main and practically only site, too. I'm treated very well here! Dude is a marvelous host.

I appreciate the site, and thank Dude tremendously for all the expertize and effort which he affords us.

Thanks, Dude! Best wishes, and hopefully we'll be doing this again five years from now!

Cole

Awesomedude, and the awesome Dude, took me in as a waif and stray when I was left homeless, and I have felt safe and 'at home' here ever since. My gratitude to him is hard to express since it's almost boundless. He should get a knighthood. No pedants, please, I know you have to be a British citizen to get one of those! - I'm suggesting a change to that rule in favour of the Dude.