Nessum Dorma again

In 2007 you may remember that a mobile phone sales man called Paul Potts astonished the judges and audience by singing Nessum Dorma.

If you haven't heard him do so

I just discovered this joyous 24 year old waiter, Gregg Pritchard, has made Nessum Dorma his own and astonished Britains Got Talent again, but for very different reasons. Prepare yourself for a

. He's cute too, in a punky sort of way.

:shock:

Well, he certainly surprised me, and he's cute, in any way you want to consider cute.

Jesus, you guys have a different idea of cute than me. (What is it with the Brits and their teeth? Yikes!)

But an incredible voice. This guy and Susan Boyle should marry and have ugly kids that sing like angels. :icon_twisted:

Jesus, you guys have a different idea of cute than me. (What is it with the Brits and their teeth? Yikes!)

But an incredible voice. This guy and Susan Boyle should marry and have ugly kids that sing like angels. :icon_twisted:

I wasn't looking at the teeth. :hehe:

Ah Pec, when you get to my age, youth is admired just for being youth, and the joy in his face is infectious. :icon12:

I just saw this on youtube the other day. Most countertenors DO indeed sing using their head voice (falsetto). Greg Pritchard IS a countertenor, but he's NOT the male soprano he claims to be. Were he a male soprano, he would have used a modal tone throughout the song. You can tell from his speaking voice that he was using falsetto, as his singing is just merely loud, but does not resonate. My guess is he has the range of a mezzo soprano using falsetto in the higher range, but he can't reach low notes using that falsetto. For that he would have to kick in to modal tone. Anyway, another way to tell he's using his falsetto is the fact that he couldn't hold notes for very long, as falsetto requires a higher amount of pressure.

Anyway, none of what I said changes the fact that he has magnificent control of his voice, but I don't think he's good enough to win.

Maddy (: