Sand art

This was sent to me and I found it extraordinary.

View it with your speakers turned on.

When I got it, it was accompanied with a note saying the video paused every few seconds the first time through. It said to start it playing, then minimize it and let it play through, then watch it from the beginning. I myself didn't have to do that; it played fine the first time. But, I mention it so if anyone else has that problem, they will know how to get around it.

Enjoy.

This is such a beautiful piece of art performed by a beautiful young woman at Ukraines Got Talent. This is emotional and may bring you to tears. It is so worth watching. Turn on your speakers:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=518XP8prwZo&feature=player_embedded

Cole

Extraordinary it is, Cole. A delight to watch a world unfold, dissolve and yet remain. Such talent!

:icon_tongue:

When I got it, it was accompanied with a note saying the video paused every few seconds the first time through. It said to start it playing, then minimize it and let it play through, then watch it from the beginning.

This delay or slow down is sometimes seen on YouTube and other videos, and I think it is due to the number of simultaneous requests being made for the video at the same time. The same thing might be seen if there are many people connected to the Net through your IP's equipment.

Another way around the problem is to use a video download program which saves the video to your computer and which you can then watch as often as you like. I use Vdownloader

(My advice is to ignore the "Top tip" to update your drivers, which appears on vdownloader pages, as it appears to be an advertisement link.)

There are other similar programs available, but this one fits my light requirements.

I always marvel at people who have visual artistic talent, as I myself have absolutely none. I can enjoy their art, but can't start to do it. I think people like this have a graphical vision that many of the rest of us lack.

But to me, this is simply amazing, stunning, and verging on the mystical. Not only does she have the vision to see what she's going to do before she does it, but with flying strokes of her fingers and then allowing sand to run through her fingers so precisely, she creates art of incredible beauty, imagination and realism.

How in the world can someone do that?

C

I'm with you, Cole, the only thing I can draw, is money from the ATM (when it lets me.)

But hey, don't worry, those superbly talented graphic artists probably can't write excellent gay romantic fiction stories like you can. :icon_tongue:

I'm quite good at drawing premature conclusions, and curtains, and unjustified inferences, but I can't draw a likeness even to save my life. What I saw on YouTube was mind-blowing. So fast, so confident, so impressive. I got the impression that the background song was maybe a Ukrainian folk song, which the artist was illustrating in sand. (That's just one of my unjustified inferences, ladies and gentlemen - drum roll, please!)

Utterly spellbinding.