URGENT: Editor needed for Halloween deadline.

Hello, dear Editors.

Got an idea for a horror story in a dream a few nights ago and decided to try completing it for Halloween.

The Dude says I need to have the finished product to him by this Friday to guarantee it's on the site by Oct 30. I'm expecting to finish the first draft later today (Monday 24th).

What I need is someone who's willing to take up 2000 words right away and get them back to me by Wed 26th, so I can finish a second draft in time for the deadline.

I'm looking for basic spelling/grammar/typo proof reading as well as spotting any mis-characterization, plot holes, issues with style etc.

Any takers?

-Steven

PS Sorry to drop all this in my first post. I promise I'll do a proper introduction later. Suffice to say I'm a longtime lurker and fan at Awesomedude.

You, know, if this is your oblique way of asking to get in on this, then no problem.

I can send you a copy of the story by UPS. DHL even. (I'm staying away from Fed Ex, since they seem like they might be controversial around here.)

I could always use a second opinion, is what I'm saying.

Paper? Oh yeah, that old stuff. -- I find a red pen or a blue-line pencil helps.

I suggest a carrier pigeon. Or a carrier bat, given the season. A carrier plane might be overdoing it.

I feel fairly sure no paper manuscript is about to arrive on Cole's doorstep, but then, that owl might just make it. And it's been awhile since a meesenger boy arrived on my doorstep. (Messenger boy? What century was that?) Owls, boys, boys with feathers...you know, I think my imagination's gone and run away with itself again.

Strange, I didn't know those couriers would arrive after dark. Maybe they magically turn into pizza delivery boys at night? I'd never really thought about it.

I wonder what the fee's going to be from where Steven is to where Cole is. If it makes it there in 24 hours, maybe I need this service.

I'm going to pop some popcorn. It's fun watching these two kid around. I hope the story's as good as the repartee.

...Hey, *do* I have any dang popcorn? I know I don't have any pizza. Dang!

...Fresh out of delivery boys too. Darn the luck.

Any delivery boys, please note I am *kidding*. It's just my distinct lack of (tact?) (decorum?) (brains?) er, I mean, lack of companionship to satisfy certain (wild fantasies?) er, I mean, realistic expectations.... Oh, heck, can I help it if I wanted to tease or wish a little?

(Relax, delivery boys. When I was the delivery boy age, I would have been way too uptight to even go there with the teasing. Mostly still am. Thus the massive apologizing.)

Gee, and it was perfectly good kidding around until I got all apologetic.

Popcorn?

Paper? Oh yeah, that old stuff. -- I find a red pen or a blue-line pencil helps.

I suggest a carrier pigeon. Or a carrier bat, given the season. A carrier plane might be overdoing it.

I feel fairly sure no paper manuscript is about to arrive on Cole's doorstep, but then, that owl might just make it. And it's been awhile since a meesenger boy arrived on my doorstep. (Messenger boy? What century was that?) Owls, boys, boys with feathers...you know, I think my imagination's gone and run away with itself again.

Strange, I didn't know those couriers would arrive after dark. Maybe they magically turn into pizza delivery boys at night? I'd never really thought about it.

I wonder what the fee's going to be from where Steven is to where Cole is. If it makes it there in 24 hours, maybe I need this service.

I'm going to pop some popcorn. It's fun watching these two kid around. I hope the story's as good as the repartee.

...Hey, *do* I have any dang popcorn? I know I don't have any pizza. Dang!

...Fresh out of delivery boys too. Darn the luck.

Any delivery boys, please note I am *kidding*. It's just my distinct lack of (tact?) (decorum?) (brains?) er, I mean, lack of companionship to satisfy certain (wild fantasies?) er, I mean, realistic expectations.... Oh, heck, can I help it if I wanted to tease or wish a little?

(Relax, delivery boys. When I was the delivery boy age, I would have been way too uptight to even go there with the teasing. Mostly still am. Thus the massive apologizing.)

Gee, and it was perfectly good kidding around until I got all apologetic.

Popcorn?

Pellucid. Pun on lucid, clear. Also pun on Pellucidar, an imaginary otherworldly inner world state from, if memory serves (it doesn't, quite) either Edgar Rice Burroughs or Jules Verne. See: Journey to the Center of the Earth, by way of the polar ice caps.

I believe Master Parker is saying he'll be clear, while also saying, he'll play along with the game.

That, or he's freezing his butt off, sitting on a block of ice. -- Cole, dude, it's a bit early to hang out with the elves at the North Pole. Besides, with the cutbacks and downsizing, even Rudolph is out looking for work....

Pellucid. Pun on lucid, clear. Also pun on Pellucidar, an imaginary otherworldly inner world state from, if memory serves (it doesn't, quite) either Edgar Rice Burroughs or Jules Verne. See: Journey to the Center of the Earth, by way of the polar ice caps.

I believe Master Parker is saying he'll be clear, while also saying, he'll play along with the game.

That, or he's freezing his butt off, sitting on a block of ice. -- Cole, dude, it's a bit early to hang out with the elves at the North Pole. Besides, with the cutbacks and downsizing, even Rudolph is out looking for work....

Cole,

Sent the e-mail owl with the story last night. Lemme know if there were any problems with receiving it.

That earlier bit about UPS and DHL was actually directed at Merkin. I saw him poking his nose in and figured he was volunteering to do some editing.

Merkin: Offer still stands.

-------------------------------------

Addendum: I read an article a while back that UPS men in their brown suits had become sex symbols. Also that the Other deliverymen (USPS, FedEx etc) had not, because it was the brown outfit that made the difference.

Any responses?

OK, Cole... I got the edited version back and sent you a detailed thank you with the owl.

I just wanted to say here that you've been most helpful and the story will benefit from your input, becoming easier to read and more logical.

I'm gonna go look up how our reputation system works here in the forum and give you a +1 of some kind.