Anybody read comic books/graphic novels

I followed all the Judge Dredd...2000AD...comic books (from issue one) for years, until I lost my job. I still have about 40, more or less of the later issues, and put them into our garage sale today, but nobody bought any. I also put out my Phantom Comics, but no one wanted them either. :doze:

I haven't look at comic books since I went thru my grandpa's stack of Donald Duck, Richie Rich and others like that 30 some years ago.

If you still had that stuff, it would be worth a pretty penny.

Stallone killed Judge Dredd for me - that was one bad movie.

I still have about 40, more or less of the later issues, and put them into our garage sale today, but nobody bought any. I also put out my Phantom Comics, but no one wanted them either. :doze:

Put them on ebay, Des.

I thought the new Dredd movie was pretty good. If you're into ridiculous violence, it's a lot of fun. And there's no Rob Schneider.

I've been following Garth Ennis's The Boys for a while, but I think it ends next month. I think Neil Gaiman's Sandman is amazing. Every now and then I'll look at a Batman run, but if I'm reading a comic, it's usually a self-contained story like Black Hole, Watchmen, or V for Vendetta.

I hear there's a comic adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand out there - I may have to take a look at that, since I always liked that story.

Put them on ebay, Des.

Thanks Camy, ebay is worth a try.

As for Stallone as Judged Dredd, what a travesty of justice that was. It would have been almost better to have used Pat Condell...err, perhaps not. :lipssealed:

Does anyone else realise that 2000AD foresaw the rise of the religious right, and predicted over twenty years ago much of the social, economic and political horrors that Earthlets are now suffering?