The King Singers

The King’s Singers are a British a cappella, two-time Grammy Award-winning vocal ensemble who celebrated their 40th anniversary in 2008. Their name recalls King's College in Cambridge, England, where the group was formed by six choral scholars in 1968. In the United Kingdom, their popularity peaked in the 1970s and early 1980s. Thereafter they began to reach a wider international audience, appearing frequently on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in the U.S. In 1987, they were prominently featured as guests on the Emmy Award winning ABC-TV special Julie Andrews: The Sound Of Christmas.

They have a web site at http://www.kingssingers.com/

I am old enough to remember the impact they made when they started out.

Thanks for the posts, Cole. The Choir -Boys Don't Sing, I hadn't seen before, but it reminded me of when I was in the school choir. (I think I was supposed to keep quiet and just make up the numbers.)

Wow, guys, you've brought back memories.

As Des says, The King's Singers were founded back in the late 60's when the original line-up were students at King's College, Cambridge. One of my teachers had previously worked at the university and claimed to have had a hand in getting them started, and booked them twice to perform concerts at my school. Their rates became too high for the school to afford a third visit.

Here is the original line-up, that I remember from those days, singing 'I'm a train'.

I'm not sure the current line-up is as good. Here they are being interviewed by Gareth Malone, Choirmaster and TV personality:

I remember they used to do a rivetting version of 'The Peanut Vendor' and also a song specially composed for them in which they proclaimed they would sing for any event - wish I could remember more of it. Couldn't find either of these on YouTube. So there are still some things you can't find on the internet...

[...] So there are still some things you can't find on the internet...

Too true Bruin, I've been Googling for my virginity, and I can't find it anywhere...

Thanks Colin, it looks as though I have not only lost my virginity forever, but it's also been buried in the depths of past experiences, too obscure to remember.

I can relax now, in the knowledge that I don't need to include losing most variations of virginity on my bucket list.