Falling Down by Chris James

Thank you, Jeff. What I like about posting to AD is that we have a dedicated bunch of readers. I encourage them to comment and things are no different with this story...except most of their guesses about where the plot is going are wrong so far.

They shouldn't do this so early on in a story because it only encourages me to be bad the next time around. Any kind of mystery is a pure delight to me, and I think several other authors on the site. I don't mean to mess with the reader's heads but they seem to enjoy it. I'll post a little hint: there is one chapter down and eleven more to go. A lot can happen in that span of words.

The first chapter was longer than I first realised, but by the time I finished reading it, I wanted more.

I love murder / detective stories and Chris is giving us a tantalising, terrific and well written look into the genre.

I'm not making any plot guesses...yet. :biggrin:

Hook - line - sinker, I'm now wishing my life away for the next part.

Well written, an interesting plot that so far has revealed new facets in all three chapters and a 'murderer' who one feels enormous sympathy for. I think I can now see the basics of how the plot will develop, but I'm sure I'll be proved wrong, at least in part.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I'm a little late commenting on Falling Down, but hey, I've been busy!

Another fine tale by Chris, the consummate storyteller. What a marvelous job of incorporating many different characters and keeping them all cogent. It's difficult to do that, and Chris does it marvelously. As he does with plot; again, this story, like his others, draws one in and keeps him on the edge of his chair, wanting more.

I'm happy there'll be a sequel. We want to see this Witherspoon kid flourish. And I think he has it in him.

C

My thanks to all the authors on the forum and readers who have sent me a huge amount of mail on this one. It is gratifying to see readers so engaged in the arguments I raised about juvenile justice.

And since the cat is out of the bag (no slander intended to our feline loving friends), the sequel is coming along nicely and should be ready in a few weeks. Cheers to all of you.