A Time by Mihangel

If you missed this novel because it has been published all in one go in Newest Completed Novels and not bit by bit in Current Serial Novels, you are missing out on some great story telling. This is well worth reading and is Mihangel at his best.

I haven't missed a thing, but this is a large story with a broad spectrum of characters and ideas...I am enjoying every minute of it and it will take more than a few minutes to absorb.

The opening chapters brought back the images I recall from the film Empire of the Sun, but with so many more details. This is a winning story and I encourage everyone to read it. Good going, Mihangel...now if you will excuse me I have a story to finish reading.

Find it here: http://www.awesomedude.com/mihangel/a_time/

I too had read this one before, and enjoyed it immensely. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can detect the updatings, particularly the new final chapter.

This was a story that had a significant affect on my own writing... though Mihangel may not thank me for saying so :-)

If you haven't read it before then you must... and if you have, then read it again!

I started this topic after reading the first four chapters, I have now read the whole lot. All I can say is this is one of the best stories that I have read and it is also one of the best insights into the minds of those who survived the Japanese camps, both civilian and military, that I have come across and I have read a lot in this field. If you haven't read this story then you should.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Mihangel, the story works all right. it's so true it's painful. It's emotionally without a false note. But so are all your other stories (I don't include the frivolous whims and oddities - they are joyful but not serious).

Love,

Anthony