NudeManFest

Graeme

NudeManFest strips away body image issues, helps celebrate different body shapes

This is part of Melbourne's Midsumma gay and lesbian festival, but I was a bit disappointed in the opening photo of the article, given the heading. All of the nude men in that picture have similar body shapes -- all sexy :icon_thumleft:

So, if anyone is in Melbourne at the moment, they want to participate, the festival starts tomorrow :smile:

Yes, Pat...I'll take an F please. Can you imagine the game show that could be produced with that lineup of men?

I get the impression from the website that there are lots of games played during the festival :smile:

This one, from the article, does seem to show a diversity of body shapes. Not necessarily for the better, either!

I agree that it shows a diversity of body shapes, but that first image is the one used to advertise the event and it doesn't show diversity. That was what perturbed me.

Racist.

Victoria is still predominantly a white community. The main other racial groups here are Asian, Pacific Islander (Polynesian, Melanesian, Micronesian), and Indian. The photos in the gallery show Indian and Pacific Islander, but I couldn't see any Asian. Admittedly, it can be difficult to pick Asian from the back, so it's quite possible that there were Asian men there, too. I also saw some pictures of someone who could be Aboriginal. Overall, the gallery photos seem to show a reasonably representative sample of Victorian males.