Newbie introductions

Guest C. J.

(If this post and topic is inappropriate for this location, please delete my post. I looked around for a newbie intro thread, but couldn't find one.)

Hello everyone! I've been looking around the forums, and you have some fantastic resources here! I'm especially enamoured of the 'Writers' Workshop'.

I see quite a few familiar names here, and I know a few of you from over at GA (where I go by C James).

I'd like to say "thank you!" for being approved to post, and I shall endeavour to post upon occasion (Though, as I'm sure Camy will attest, I'm just a shy, quiet lurker :lurker::lipssealed: ).

Now for the boring stuff: A little about me! :wave:

I'm a rather unimaginative sort, and as such I just use my passport photo as an avatar. I am a newbie writer, and so far have just one story online ("No Shirt? No Problem!" in the GA summer anthology).

I was drawn here mainly by the Writers' Workshop contents (The best collection of writing tips and advice I've ever found), but now that I have had a look around I decided to join in. :icon10:

I'm very much looking forward to getting to know all of you.

CJ

Hi CJ.

This is as good a place as anyway... but your comments point out the fact that we could -indeed- do with a Newbie's Intro Forum...

Welcome to you... you are definitely in the right place. We welcome new writers of all age and we hope the resources and the friendly community of writers, editors and readers who have assembled at AwesomeDude will help you in further developing your writing skills.

So come on in, CJ.... make yourself comfortable. I'm sure you'll have no trouble making friends here.

:lipssealed:

The goats have landed! Well, we have a racoon, so why not.

Welcome, CJ. Yes, I've seen those shades before. Don't know you all that well yet, but after all, that's one of the reasons to say hello.

So enjoy it here. -- I liked "No Shirt, No Problem."

Hi CJ.

This is as good a place as anyway... but your comments point out the fact that we could -indeed- do with a Newbie's Intro Forum...

Welcome to you... you are definitely in the right place. We welcome new writers of all age and we hope the resources and the friendly community of writers, editors and readers who have assembled at AwesomeDude will help you in further developing your writing skills.

So come on in, CJ.... make yourself comfortable. I'm sure you'll have no trouble making friends here.

:lipssealed:

Thank you, Dude!

I'm currently reading through the Writers' forum, and will start on the other forums soon. I really love your site, and thank you very much for having me here! :icon10:

The goats have landed! Well, we have a racoon, so why not.

Welcome, CJ. Yes, I've seen those shades before. Don't know you all that well yet, but after all, that's one of the reasons to say hello.

So enjoy it here. -- I liked "No Shirt, No Problem."

Howdy, Blue!

I'm looking foward to getting to know you and everyone here.

Thank you very much for the compliments on my story! I'm now hooked on writing, so there will soon be more.

BTW, would it be OK for me to have a link to my story (at GA) in my sig? If that's not allowed, or even frowned upon, no problem. I just wanted to ask first.

Thanks!

CJ

C.J.!

Good to see you here. :icon10: Feel free to ask any questions you like in the Writers' Forum -- that's what I did when I was learning (okay, I still do, but then I'm still learning). Actually, feel free to post anywhere... :lipssealed:

I personally don't see a problem with a link to your story in your signature. As I said to you before, I think it's a good first story -- certainly a lot better than my first attempt at writing.

Graeme :)

C.J.!

Good to see you here. :icon10: Feel free to ask any questions you like in the Writers' Forum -- that's what I did when I was learning (okay, I still do, but then I'm still learning). Actually, feel free to post anywhere... :lipssealed:

I personally don't see a problem with a link to your story in your signature. As I said to you before, I think it's a good first story -- certainly a lot better than my first attempt at writing.

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme!!

I've already posted in the Writers' Workshop, and I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions there! I sincerely wish I'd have discovered these forums prior to writing my first story, and I have certainly already applied several things learned here in my in-progress stories.

I know I have a great deal to learn, so I'll say here what I said at GA before my story went online:

All comments and criticisms are very welcome! I especially welcome constructive criticism, because that is how I learn.

Thanks again, and it's great to be here!

CJ

Hey Cj,

And welcome. I agree with you. The tips on these forums and the advice that is offered freely and

dare I say, lovingly, is extremely helpful. Like you, I wish I would've found this site a few years ago

when I began attempting this need I call writing.

I'm sorry I haven't read your story but I will. You can't be as bad as I am. I know, it seems I sink

to new depths each and every outing. :icon10:

Welcome, and am I correct in assuming I'm speaking to an goat? Because if thats the case, you

have a grasp of the English language I strive to achieve. :lipssealed:

Jason R.

Hey Cj,

And welcome. I agree with you. The tips on these forums and the advice that is offered freely and

dare I say, lovingly, is extremely helpful. Like you, I wish I would've found this site a few years ago

when I began attempting this need I call writing.

I'm sorry I haven't read your story but I will. You can't be as bad as I am. I know, it seems I sink

to new depths each and every outing. :lipssealed:

Welcome, and am I correct in assuming I'm speaking to an goat? Because if thats the case, you

have a grasp of the English language I strive to achieve. :wave:

Jason R.

Hi Jason! :lurker:

Well, I sorta hoped no one would see through my disguise (the sunglasses) but, yes, you got it right!

I think I'll fit in well here though: So far, I've seen a Raccoon, a cat, an Echidna, and an Ostrich. :cat:

I've got quite a lot to learn regarding writing, but it's a blast! I'm hooked!

As for speaking English, thank you! I think I'm fairly well versed, for a Goat. :icon10:

CJ

...as I'm sure Camy will attest, I'm just a shy, quiet lurker :lipssealed::icon10:

Shy? Quiet? Ha! Hahahahaha!

Ahem ... Hiya Kidd!

So glad you finally made it, the path to Dudeism is oft long and winding, though there is very tasty shrubbery to be found for the agile ruminant. :lurker:

btw I like to think I'm an Emu not an Ostrich

Yes, CJ, it's fine for you to have a link to your story at GA in your signature.

-----

There's also a beast running around loose.

There are even a couple of pens... but not pens for livestock... or beasts. One prefers the wildlife to remain wild, really. Besides, it's easier on the fences.

Welcome to AD, C.J.

Note to Codey: This is one of the fun "goats" I was referring to in the other post.

Thanks!! Glad to be here!

BTW, I've been mentioned here before? Uhoh, my reputation preceded me! :unsure:

Shy? Quiet? Ha! Hahahahaha!

Ahem ... Hiya Kidd!

So glad you finally made it, the path to Dudeism is oft long and winding, though there is very tasty shrubbery to be found for the agile ruminant. :w00t:

btw I like to think I'm an Emu not an Ostrich

Hi Camy! Oops, yes, and Emu indeed!

What, are you questioning my reputation as a shy and quiet lurker? I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!

:smartass:

Well, I shall be off to quietly browse the forums... :lurker:

Yes, CJ, it's fine for you to have a link to your story at GA in your signature.

-----

There's also a beast running around loose.

There are even a couple of pens... but not pens for livestock... or beasts. One prefers the wildlife to remain wild, really. Besides, it's easier on the fences.

Thanks!!!

A Beast, you say? By the name of Savik, by any chance? :unsure:

How about a wolf C.J.? I'm not an author (sadly), but I'm a wickedly avid reader, and downright nasty with my comments about spelling and typing errors. In fact, I'm probably about as grumpy an old fart as our resident racoon. :unsure:

How about a wolf C.J.? I'm not an author (sadly), but I'm a wickedly avid reader, and downright nasty with my comments about spelling and typing errors. In fact, I'm probably about as grumpy an old fart as our resident racoon. :smartass:

Pleased to meet you, though wolves tend to make goats nervous. I aspire to be many things, but lunch is not amongst them. :lurker:

Well, if you are ever bored for something to read and then make biting comments about, feel free to have a peek at the story in my sig. I seriously do welcome all criticism and feedback, no matter how negative.

BTW, I love the emoticons here! I already have some new favorites! :unsure::unsure:

I seriously do welcome all criticism and feedback, no matter how negative.

I seriously doubt that there is anyone here who would offer negative criticism. Comments can be taken as negative or positive, but one should always take into account the motive behind the comment, and in this forum they are pretty universally made with the intent of helping to let a person become a better writer. Also, I've noticed that almost always each person adds on something like, "That's my opinion only, and others may feel differently." That's heartwarming really; as the person commenting is acknowledging their own biases and possible ignorance.

C.J., I've taken your 'hint' and read your story, "No Shirt? No Problem!" and I have a few possible corrections or changes. As I said, I'm not a writer, and I'm certainly not an editor, but I've spotted some stuff for you. If you contact me by direct e-mail, with your own e-mail address, I'll be able to attach it in .doc format. It's up to you.

Bart

BK_Trab@shaw.ca

I seriously doubt that there is anyone here who would offer negative criticism. Comments can be taken as negative or positive, but one should always take into account the motive behind the comment, and in this forum they are pretty universally made with the intent of helping to let a person become a better writer. Also, I've noticed that almost always each person adds on something like, "That's my opinion only, and others may feel differently." That's heartwarming really; as the person commenting is acknowledging their own biases and possible ignorance.
C.J., I've taken your 'hint' and read your story, "No Shirt? No Problem!" and I have a few possible corrections or changes. As I said, I'm not a writer, and I'm certainly not an editor, but I've spotted some stuff for you. If you contact me by direct e-mail, with your own e-mail address, I'll be able to attach it in .doc format. It's up to you.

Bart

BK_Trab@shaw.ca

I've sent a PM and E-mail! THANK YOU so much for doing this for me! I loved what you did!!

I will be doing a re-write due to the story now becoming chapter one of a series (yes, I succumbed to the temptation!).

Thanks again!!!

CJ

CJ wrote: ("No Shirt? No Problem!" in the GA summer anthology).

I must be a bit dim. Quite where is GA? I'm assuming it means Gay Authors. I'd love to read "No Shirt? No Problem!" A link would be very useful. I love the idea of just having to click, none of that boring typing!

Welcome btw CJ. I really look forward to you posting your work. You'll find lots of wicked stuff here that will occupy you for hours on end. This lot, though gay "Mac" users :unsure: , are a quite nice bunch of chaps. No exceptions.

Huggies from Rick

Yup, GA does mean Gay Authors, and the link to CJ's story is http://www.gayauthors.org/anthology/summer2006/cjames.html

CJ wrote: ("No Shirt? No Problem!" in the GA summer anthology).

I must be a bit dim. Quite where is GA? I'm assuming it means Gay Authors. I'd love to read "No Shirt? No Problem!" A link would be very useful. I love the idea of just having to click, none of that boring typing!

Welcome btw CJ. I really look forward to you posting your work. You'll find lots of wicked stuff here that will occupy you for hours on end. This lot, though gay "Mac" users :unsure: , are a quite nice bunch of chaps. No exceptions.

Huggies from Rick

Hi Rick!! Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

The link to my story is in my sig, Btw.

Thanks!!

CJ