Beautiful Thing

Rad

Okay, so I guess almost everyone here has watched the movie, but I just watched it :)

And I think that is one sweet movie.....

Jamie & Ste & their journey to find themselves, before they found each other instead...

There are LOTS of awwwww moments in the movies. But I like it most is when the two boys kissed for the first time :hug:

But what I really like about this movie is the tenderness...

How they react to each other, the looks, the body language, even the cries :lol:

Usually cries in the movie annoy the hell outta me :lol:

Oh, and it reminds me of the way teenagers used to dress back in the mid 90's

For all of us who were teens back then or remember those days,

I mean, gosh, :lol: Did we ever dressed like that???? :lol:

Well, I can't say a lot about the movie without giving out spoilers :lol:

So for anyone else who hasn't watch the movie, I recommend it! :lol:

You can download it ! :hehe:

Cheers!

Rad

N.B : I got around 90% of the movie the rest lost in the British accent :lol:

Haven't been able to find it, and have now wasted some 3 hours trying to download it. It seems there'r just about no seeds out there. There may be some in those sites where you have to register, but I'm not going to join site after site in order to finally find one that works.

Trab, Beautiful Thing came out about 11 years ago (1996). It's widely available for rental on DVD very inexpensively, from Netflix and many others.

I don't know of it available legally anywhere for download, but no doubt it's up on Bit-torrent and other similar sites.

None of the local (within 50 miles) video places has Beautiful Thing for rent. That's the only reason I'd even consider downloading it: non availability. I don't believe in pirating shows, but if they're no longer available, that's kinda an indication I'm not taking food from someone's table.

I had a situation once, in which I tried to bring in a photographic unit which is completely unavailable in Canada. I was quoted $400 in import duties. I questioned it, and was told it was protections for Canadian manufacturers. When I asked for the names and addresses, so I could get it within Canada, I was told there weren't any. Next time I was on vacation I had a particularly heavy suitcase in the bottom of the trunk of my car. Just for your info, the $400 duty was the same amount as the value of the article itself. 100% duty. Bullshit. I just realized that I'm off on a tangent. My apologies.

Amazon sells movies? Sorry. I've never gone to their site. I thought they were just into selling books, and I just go to the bookstore for those.

Yup, Amazon sells books, movies, CD's... they'd probably sell you your grandmother, if she'd let 'em.

I'm not knocking them. Personally, I consider them one of the best, most satisfying online stores.

-----

Beautiful Thing is avail. on DVD and was avail. on VHS.

It's worth watching. It's one of the first "gay videos" I ever watched. :-o OMG! Two boys who like each other, dancing! Note: The sky has not fallen yet, contrary to excitable, yet foul and paltry, poultry sources.

For a movie with very little sexual activity it is VERY sensual.

True, very-very little sexual activity. But it IS very-very sensual.

Besides, I really2x like the first time they kissed.

It's soooo tender.

Just two boys who like each other.

And the way they looked at each other too.

They don't even need to say anything.

Their gaze spoke volumes :wink:

The first kiss was tender... but so was the run back through the park from the gay pub... with Mama Cass singing Make Your Own Kind of Music... that was priceless. So was the final scene (dancing). One of my favorite DVD's.

:wink:

Thirdeye wrote

loved this movie, another great British one is "Get Real"

I agree Thirdeye. Get Real was really great too. Saw it with some local friends here in Borneo a couple weeks back.

Hey guy, good to see you again. Your avatar wasn't showing up for some reason so I went and downloaded it and it loads from our board now. Another friendly service of AwesomeDude.com!

I'm getting goose bumps guys. I actually ordered Get Real and Beautiful Thing as a dual set, and shipping was free. This is going to be awesome. :wink:

Spots = UK slang for pimples, acne.

-----

I've seen Get Real, and I'd recommend it, but it is emotionally tougher than Beautiful Thing. Get Real deals with the tougher side of real stuff. Beautiful Thing deals with some very real and tough stuff too, but in a different way.

Thirdeye wrote

I agree Thirdeye. Get Real was really great too. Saw it with some local friends here in Borneo a couple weeks back.

Hey guy, good to see you again. Your avatar wasn't showing up for some reason so I went and downloaded it and it loads from our board now. Another friendly service of AwesomeDude.com!

Life has been crazy..lol

thanks for fixing the avatar Dude!! :wav:

Sorry, Dude. That one went right over my head. "Teenage spots" ???

Teenage spots? Why ... the bane of all teenagers... ACNE! spots on the face caused by those nasty hormonal changes set off by puberty! I have to admit... Americans don't use 'spots' it's used more by folks in former British Colonies, more recently liberated than those in North AmeriKa.

:wav:

Teenage spots? Why ... the bane of all teenagers... ACNE! spots on the face caused by those nasty hormonal changes set off by puberty! I have to admit... Americans don't use 'spots' it's used more by folks in former British Colonies, more recently liberated than those in North AmeriKa.

:wav:

We call 'em "pimples" in Oz.

Wow. I got A Beautiful Thing and watched it the other night. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have done this with my 85 year old mother also watching. It's not so much that she was upset about the gay theme, which was pretty mild, and wonderfully poignant, but she couldn't stop talking about the swearing, the hatefulness of many of the people towards each other, and the downright hopelessness that was portrayed. I'm not concerned that this upset her, but more that she talked about it throughout the whole movie. I'm really going to have to watch it again, by myself this time. :wub: