Has anyone seen Cloverfield?

I went to see it this afternoon.

I'll be joining the cats under the bed tonight. That's one spooky movie.

:confused::sneaky::icon_geek::sneaky:

What made it so spooky was that in traditional monster movies, you know a whole lot more about the monster and the situation. In the case of this movie, you have no idea. You pick up info here and there but its just enough to keep you terrified.

It's an interesting technique for creating and maintaing suspense and, as an author, it makes me wonder about applying lessons learned...

PS. I saw nothing 911-ish except in two places: a building collapse + dust cloud and the way everyone went to the media to try to figure out what is going on. Otherwise it stands on its own.

• 3 weeks later...
It's a 9-11 parable and that means I ain't going. I'll get upset.

What? It's not related to 9/11 at all.

a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.

LOL where the fuck did you read that?

The movie is about a monster attack on Manhattan. I won't ruin the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it (if you haven't, go today!). Sometimes the shakiness is a little upsetting, but albeit a few (not even a lot) scenes with a lot of running or movement, the cam was steady most of the time like it were on a tripod. The execution of this film was superb imo, and they left room for a sequel. The animation and gfx were just grand as well, and it was worth spending the money to see in theaters; don't listen to the critics, this is one you've gotta see for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen it.

It's pretty good. You'll really think it's real and want to yell at the people onscreen or something. LOL

The camera movement, especially at the beginning is a bit nauseating, but you get used to it.