'Do you loove your giarlfriend?'

He had the temerity to ask

I replied: print and tie your email with ribbon

Then shove it up your arse.

6th December 2008

Christmas Gift Idea

...Then shove it up your arse.

6th December 2008

I have GOT to get an English (British) dictionary if I continue to read stuff from our over the bay friends. I'm going through Camy's shorts now, and every word that I've had to look up is not in my Webster's.

Good heavens! I thought everyone knew what an 'arse' was. It is a good word, and, unlike buttock, rump, bottom and tush can be used as a descriptor as in: 'you, sir, are an arse!'

'you, sir, are a buttock!' doesn't work quite as well, you see. Although 'you, sir, are a bottom!' does, but erm ... not in the way I meant. :shock::blush:

:icon_rabbit:

Yep, 'sink' is one that either you made up, or isn't current with Urban Dictionary. It has 11 different definitions of sink, none of which I knew, but none means neighborhood or anything like it.

And Camy, you missed a good one, although there are probably many, many slang expressions for where we sit. But the one I'm thinking of is hiney.

C

Great fun. And no language problems here, I was raised in the same sink as Camy....

Hmm, Cole were you being slightly facetious? I interpreted it to mean in the same place or proximity. Somewhat related, perhaps.

Am I taking you too literally in your reply?

Hiney, god, I haven't heard that in a long time. I remember my grandmother asking me if I wanted her to spank my hiney. Then she would, don't know why she asked.

I was raised in the same sink as Camy....

A sink is a disreputable neighbourhood, or low hovel. As in 'he returned to the same low sink of debauchery from which he had once escaped'.

It's where you end up when you have sunk so low that you cannot sink any lower...

Oh, yeah, well, thanks for that, Bruin. It was supposed to be a SECRET! :blush:

I guess I should come clean and admit I live in a cardboard box next to Bruin's. Mine's a nice box with flaps to keep out the rain, though I often see lots of debauched stuff going on in the box next door. :icon_rabbit:

:shock:

I live in a cardboard box next to Bruin's.

We've come up in the world recently - we used to live in polythene bags. Now we're much more environmentally aware - our boxes are bio-degradable. And Camy's may have flaps (whadd'I want with flaps anyways?) but mine's got more room for debauchery cos it doesn't have flaps getting in the way!

Hmm, Cole were you being slightly facetious? I interpreted it to mean in the same place or proximity. Somewhat related, perhaps.

Am I taking you too literally in your reply?

Hiney, god, I haven't heard that in a long time. I remember my grandmother asking me if I wanted her to spank my hiney. Then she would, don't know why she asked.

Nope, Steven, not facetious at all. I'd just discussed the Urban Dictionary, and was herein mentioning that 'sink' wasn't described there in the usage that was evident from the context. I too assumed I knew what it meant, but was surprised it wasn't mentioned where I learn the meaning of so many Brit terms.

I know some people live in their boxers, but boxes? With flaps, like by granddaddy's long johns? Having perhaps the same use? When Camy said he was moving recently, I hadn't taken it that he was moving down, just out. This is terrible. Cardboard boxes, in England, in the winter? I think we should all take up a collection for Camy and Bruin to come out to California. We certainly have a great collection of homeless here in LA, but maybe I could reserve you a spot down on 2nd Street. Have to be warmer than Merrie Olde in December.

C

No problem with the dialects here in OZ. We can generally work out what is meant.

I must confess however, that sink as used would mean to us that they lived in a grimy porcelain bowl.

Great poem By the way Camy. I just love spreading the Christmas spirit... all over the walls. :icon_rabbit: