Oz

Camy

Oz

by Camy

"Oz, you fucker, what are you up to?" I said lightly, reaching up to silence the bell as I closed the boutique's door behind me.

"Piss off, toss pot!" he riposted, flicking his head nonchalantly. The result: his blonde bangs re-arranged themselves to perfection, his strawberry red lips making my homones soar and eliciting a groan I only realised I'd made when I saw him grin in the long mirror over his work bench.

Keeping my hands firmly in my pockets I walked up behind him. He put down the platinum, diamond and sapphire necklace he was working on, and slowly spun his chair around to face me, the tip of his tongue running around his lips.

His nearness, his scent and his expression evoked another unbidden groan from my love lorn mind.

Quietly, he said "If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. Don't use vulgarity unless you use it well ... If you use it badly, then you have to call me Ozymandias."

"King of Kings, blah, blah, blah." We said in unison. His emerald eyes twinkled as I looked deep into his soul.

"Fuck me," I murmured, shyly.

Humming, he took me in his arms and I felt him smile as he whispered in my ear: "Call me Oz."

-------------

I was reading Percy Bysshe Shelley's 'Ozymandias' when this popped into my head. It's a brilliant poem and so I thought, if you haven't already, you might like to read it.

Ozymandias

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,

Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown

And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,

The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains: round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just doing my rounds and catching up.

Camy, I felt like I knew the characters immediately and indeed had known them forever. Lovely!

I also love that you posted your inspiration. :icon_twisted: