Oldest English words claimed.

Scientists uncover oldest words in English

The oldest words in the English language include "I" and "who", while words like "dirty" could die out relatively quickly, British researchers say.

Scientists at Reading University in southern England have used a supercomputer called ThamesBlue to model the evolution of words in English and the wider family of Indo-European languages over the last 30,000 years.

Full report.

ugh ugh oog ug-ug! :wink:

Merkin, looking at the translation I think there is an error because you seem to have translated bonk as being straight and bang as a flush...?

Still a good bonk and a bang is enough to make anyone flushed. I just don't think it is necessarily straight.

Anyway I was pleased to see that you discovered the ancient game of cavemen pokering around with each other. :wink:

Merkin, looking at the translation I think there is an error because you seem to have translated bonk as being straight and bang as a flush...?

Still a good bonk and a bang is enough to make anyone flushed. I just don't think it is necessarily straight.

Anyway I was pleased to see that you discovered the ancient game of cavemen pokering around with each other. :hehe:

Did dear Des learn to be witty

Eons ago there at the titty?

Or does his concupiscence

Arise from experience?

Nature of nurture, hmm, I wonder

What went on, there downunder.

C

Did dear Des learn to be witty

Eons ago there at the titty?

Or does his concupiscence

Arise from experience?

Nature of nurture, hmm, I wonder

What went on, there downunder.

C

I'm still trying to work that out for myself, Cole, but I can assure you that concupiscence (Where did you find that word?) was never in my thoughts while at the titty of my nurturing mother. She did however have a sophisticated sense of sarcasm which I found most charming if not educational.

You may think of my wit as spontaneous Zen in which nothing is held sacred from humour, but I have no other explanation.

:hehe: Nice poem Cole.