Harry Potter star 'thought he'd die'

From Aussie News.com

0,,6706918,00.jpg

ACTOR Rupert Grint, who plays Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter films, has spoken of his fears after contracting swine flu, saying he initially thought he might die.

Grint described contracting the A(H1N1) virus, which has spread around the world, as "quite scary" but he recovered after spending a few days in bed.

"It was quite scary when I first found out I had swine flu," he said at a press conference yesterday with other Potter actors including Emma Watson in London.

"I thought: 'Am I going to die?' But it was just like any other flu really."

"I had a sore throat and I went to bed for a few days."

Grint was speaking ahead of the world premiere in London today of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the sixth instalment of the phenomenally successful Harry Potter films.

The 20-year-old's publicist confirmed on Saturday that he had suffered from the virus, taking several days off filming the next movie in the blockbuster series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

It's amazing how much Rupert looks like me isn't it? Isn't it? :icon_geek:

Do you mean he looks like a monkey? LOL (as in your avatar!)

Maddy (:

Maddy, you are so right. Of course I meant my picture in my avatar, I think we are both orangutans.

Although I have to admit, in real life Rupert and I do share the same hair colour, at least we would if mine hadn't fallen out. :icon_geek:

ADDED NOTE JUST IN:

London tabloids are now reporting, 48 hours before contracting Swine Flu, Grint was seen in a Soho nightclub with Kermit's ex-girlfriend, Miss Piggy.

:shock:

You know, Rupert was one of those child stars that I was sure would turn very strange and ugly as he got older. I'm surprised to see that he's held up very well -- in fact, he's working out and his body isn't bad, either.

The other surprise is that Emma Watson ("Hermione" in the films) has turned into an absolute knockout. Very interesting young woman.

Can't wait for the new film. But you just know it's gonna be the "Readers Digest" version, with about 2/3 of the book cut out due to time...

You know, Rupert was one of those child stars that I was sure would turn very strange and ugly as he got older. I'm surprised to see that he's held up very well -- in fact, he's working out and his body isn't bad, either.

Did you see the movie where he had a nude scene? I don't remember the title, I just caught a few minutes of in on HBO, and a quick look at his entirely bare backside as he got out of bed with the girl who'd just taken his cherry, but I'd say from that, his body still needs more working out. A bit doughy still. But not awful. He's kind of sexy, in an odd sort of way.

C