Lost Generation

A friend of mine sent this to me in an email. I think it's pretty amazing and has an important message.

A palindrome reads the same backward as forward. This video reads the exact opposite backward as forward. Not only does it read the opposite, the meaning is completely opposite as well. This is only a 1 minute, 44 second video and it is brilliant. Make sure you read as well as listen? forward and backward.

This video was submitted in a contest by a 20-year old. The contest was titled "u @ 50" by AARP. This video won second place. When they showed it, everyone in the room was awe-struck and broke into spontaneous applause. So simple and yet so brilliant. It's been around for a few years, and had 9,645,686 views.

Colin :hug:

Makes you think alright, and wonder which direction we are going in. Probably some are going one way, some the other. We just need a median strip to keep us from crashing into opposing ideologies.

(Sometimes I hate the way I over-think things.)

I get sick of seeing kids being used to send political messages.

It is as offensive when libs do it as it is when pro-lifers have their brats ask people at abortion clinics why do you want to kill babies.

It is propaganda 101. Gobbels knew all about it. People on both sides are still using the same nauseating playbook by putting their words in the mouths of children.

By doing so they put children in the crossfire of adult arguments. Sooner or later there's going to be a bomb at an abortion clinic or one of the Arayan Nations Lone Wolf lunatics.

The "kid" was 20 years old when she produced this video. As a 20 year old myself I don't think she's been "used" or that she should be referred to as a child.

Colin :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the Moving Forward video today from a post by JamesD on GA. It's a short summary of gay rights with a message from the group of young people who made the video. "This video was made because of all the hate that gay people face and how change is NEEDED in today's society. Homosexuality isn't the disorder." It fits this topic, and is efinitely worth

Colin :icon_geek:

I saw the Moving Forward video today from a post by JamesD on GA. It's a short summary of gay rights with a message from the group of young people who made the video. "This video was made because of all the hate that gay people face and how change is NEEDED in today's society. Homosexuality isn't the disorder." It fits this topic, and is definitely worth

Colin :icon_geek:

Excellent. As Colin says, this is definitely worth watching.

have we just forgotten how impressive it is for someone to write that. for it to make sense backwards and forwards, and for it to have serious meaning? i mean really its amazing.

i think idealism is never a bad thing even if its overshooting, you only get change by holding onto ideals. this person obviously beleives in something and regaurdless of what the reality of the future is those ideals may bring about one small change, which will be more of an impact than an average persons life.

i also fail to see how age should have any impact on this what so ever

Most of my disgust for using children in political causes comes from right to lifers trotting little kids out in front of abortion clinics and having them ask potential clients why do you want to kill your baby?

It's a hot button issue for me as I've seen so many kids brainwahsed about global warming and not having a clue what they are talking about. Science education is selling an agenda and not teaching chemistry, biology and earth sciences.

Children are easily lead and manipulated. It's easy to tell them all about one side of an issue and have them go off half-cocked and running on emotion.

People forget to tell them that their parents jobs will evaporate as a result of the enviro-babble they are preaching and the promised "green" jobs are no where in sight.

Most of my disgust for using children in political causes comes from right to lifers trotting little kids out in front of abortion clinics and having them ask potential clients why do you want to kill your baby?

Me, I'm such a big fan of freedom of choice, I'm promoting the idea of retroactive abortion. woot.gif