'Anonymous' hacker group targets Westboro church

the WBC forged the letter trying to pick a fight with anonymous.

The WBC had their data center set up as a honey pot looking to farm IP addresses to sue for more money. Apparently the WBC is cash strapped and getting desperate.

Anonymous is big and they know how to do things. They are heavily engaged in what's going on in the Middle East and couldn't give a rats ass about Phred Phelps and his little band of retards.

However- because of their actions, WBC is on Anonymous shit list and will no doubt catch hell at a time and place of anonymous's choosing.

Yes - a later update to the news article says Anonymous have issued a statement denying they're attacking WBC.

I'm rather disappointed... :icon_geek:

I still can't see anything at godhatesfags.com, though - just a time-out. Maybe their sputum can't reach across the atlantic??

Or maybe their own private, hateful God smote them?

Is 'smote' the past tense of 'smite'?

I don't read the bible much, and so don't know that language well enough.

It has to be 'smote'. 'Smited' just sounds wrong.

And is 'smite' the root of 'smitten', which seems to have an entirely differnt meaning?

Sorry. You can see how easily my wheels come off the rails.

C

Smote - wonderful word.

Another I like is 'strive' - and its past tense 'striven'. I read recently a piece which used 'strived' and laughed superciliously, until I thought to check a couple of online dictionaries which insist that 'strived' is an acceptable form. What do you guys think?

Okay... you've introduced a third variant, Strove.

In my mind strove is used for a different past tense use than striven. So:

He had striven for years to find the grail, to no avail.

He had strived for years to find the grail, to no avail. --- I don't like this, it feels wrong.

He had strove for years to find the grail, to no avail. --- don't think this is allowable at all!

Instead, how about

He strove manfully against insuperable odds and finally achieved his goal.

So, I think strove is past perfect, striven is a past participle. Have I got that right?

My partner and I were mulling over what we'd do if we won De Lotto and had a few million bucks to throw around. I swear, I'd put $50,000 into burning that motherF'in church down in Topeka. Screwing with their website is not enough. I hate, hate, hate these people and everything they stand for.

Howard Stern used to have spokesperson/attorney Shirley Phelps on for amusement ten years ago, but he finally stopped because he said he finally concluded that she was more irritating and scary than she was amusing. She and her family are seriously deranged.

More at this link on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

Okay... you've introduced a third variant, Strove.

In my mind strove is used for a different past tense use than striven. So:

He had striven for years to find the grail, to no avail.

He had strived for years to find the grail, to no avail. --- I don't like this, it feels wrong.

He had strove for years to find the grail, to no avail. --- don't think this is allowable at all!

Instead, how about

He strove manfully against insuperable odds and finally achieved his goal.

So, I think strove is past perfect, striven is a past participle. Have I got that right?

You're on the right track at least. But it's been way too many years since I had basic English. The one who'd know is Colin. He eats this stuff up.

I think 'strove' is simple past tense, and 'has striven' or 'had striven' is past participle, but could be very wrong.

I don't know how to label them, but do know how to use them. Just like you, Bruin.

C

Screwing with their website is not enough. I hate, hate, hate these people and everything they stand for.

Remember- the Phelps are professional trolls. They are a family of lawyers that make their living pissing people off, getting punched out and then suing people.

Don't worry. They are going to get theirs and computer problems is going to be the least of their worries.

One of the problems with spending your time honking off everyone in the civilized world: sooner or later karma is coming.

What's interesting about the Phelps family is that they're divided -- some of the Phelps children don't agree with "Don't Call Me" Shirley and her nutty father. So they're not all crazy/bad religious.

I find it hilarious that somebody's bombed their website!

Video: Anonymous hacks a WBC site during a live interview with one of the Phelps clan.

Abridged version-

Phelps: "God is with us! No one can silence us!"

Anon: "While you were saying that, I hacked your website."

Phelps: "...You're going to hell."

EDIT: Just noticed that James posted this in another thread. Jeeeeez.

Why Phelphs Phails

Check it:

I Corinthians 13:

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Does that sound anything like the gospel according to Westburo?

No. Those or the passages that they routinely ignore. This is why they fail. It's why so many big suburban mega-churches fail. When they gleefully pronounce eternal damnation on people, they forget the very spirit of the religion that they supposedly embrace.

For them it becomes about money, power and prestige when it is really about the humility of a carpenter that never wrote a book, owned a horse, contributed money to a politician and certainly never went to speaking engagements on a leer jet.

Forgive them father for they know not what they do. Now they have more in common with the Roman soldiers that actually crucified him than the followers of Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

And now, one of the sons of the elder "Reverend" Phelps is speaking out against his father, calling him evil, and is writing a book about his experiences as a member of their family:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/16/westboro....x.html?hpt=Sbin

Glad to see at least one of the Phelps family seems to have some sense.

And now, one of the sons of the elder "Reverend" Phelps is speaking out against his father, calling him evil, and is writing a book about his experiences as a member of their family:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/16/westboro....x.html?hpt=Sbin

Glad to see at least one of the Phelps family seems to have some sense.

Or is just looking to make a quick buck, and learned his morals and loyalty from his family.

C