With age comes wisdom

I know GW will have an answer to this. Certanly Lugnutz or Camy will have something to say.

If wisdom is something you attain with age, why isn't the object of attaining that knowledge called wisedom?

Perhaps it is just a myth. I get older but not wiser although I am a smart ass. :blush:

Someone using my name in vain? I hope so....... :hehe:

It isn't wisedom until you finish the game. You keep gathering wisdom (Learning from it is up to you) and smartass remarks until you reach the pinnacle AKA wisedom. Then they start shoveling dirt on your box. :blush:

BTW, Happy Birthday Chris. :wave:

Oh, you could call it wisdom, and that would make sense. But wouldn't you think it would be a wisedome. You know, about like a bald dome, but fuzzier?

And once you've added two e's, where does it stoppe?

Oh, you could call it wisdom, and that would make sense. But wouldn't you think it would be a wisedome. You know, about like a bald dome, but fuzzier?

And once you've added two e's, where does it stoppe?

But that's two p's. Don't talk to me or Merkin about too many p's. We already know all about too many p's, especially at two in the morning.

C

Oh yeah, the birthday inspired this....thanks, Lugnutz. I have been 29 for the past 33 years according to my father. His comment on my state of mind, but he says it with love. :hug:

As for that p in the middle of the night, don't they have pills for that. I ought to find out, my time is fast approaching. :hehe:

SO there I was in the small hours of the morning watching an old black and white 1948 British film by Pilgrim Pictures, called The Guinea Pig also known as The Outsider in the United States. The film is adapted from the 1946 play of the same name by Warren Chetham-Strode. 25 year old Richard Attenborough plays a 14 year old, and very believably, too. One of the characters uttered this gem, which seems relevant:

"The penalty for growing old, is not being able to change."

How times have changed. A lot of the problems we face today are very much due to people not being able to cope with the changes being made in the world.

This got me thinking that we really have to make the effort to see the world through each others' eyes. Maybe then we won't always want our way of seeing things to be the only way.

As for wisdom, and 'wise-ass-dom' it's a bit like that wonderful joke, "Why are young people so beautiful?

Answer: "So old people will talk to them whilst the young person grows some brains."

I have a pet theory that old people (like me) aren't really wise, it just seems that way because we don't have as many superfluous thoughts getting in the way of us thinking we know everything.

SO there I was in the small hours of the morning watching an old black and white 1948 British film by Pilgrim Pictures, called The Guinea Pig also known as The Outsider in the United States. The film is adapted from the 1946 play of the same name by Warren Chetham-Strode. 25 year old Richard Attenborough plays a 14 year old, and very believably, too. One of the characters uttered this gem, which seems relevant:

"The penalty for growing old, is not being able to change."

How times have changed. A lot of the problems we face today are very much due to people not being able to cope with the changes being made in the world.

I think this pretty much sums up one of the problems that seems to be growing recently: the exacerbation of conservative religious thought in the world, especially among beievers in Islam and Christianity. Isn't conservative religion the opposite of being able to change? Don't conservative believers want to maintain the status quo, at no matter the cost, or how many people are hurt? They appear to feel threatened by change.

Yet progress is our only chance for survival. Weird, huh?

C