Kidnapped For Christ

Camy

• 2 years later...

From the New York Daily News, February 7, 2016 (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cuomo-announce-ban-conversion-therapy-lgbt-youths-article-1.2522458):

"Gov. Cuomo will announce regulations Saturday that will ban public and private health care insurers from covering so-called gay conversion therapy, the Daily News has learned.

New York will become the first state in the U.S. to ban the practice — intended to change an individual’s sexual orientation or gender identity — with the use of such regulations."

Good news, but California bans any gay conversion therapy for any child under 18, which is a better solution than just having a rule that insurance cannot cover this therapy. If parents send their child to one of these foreign "schools" the child can sue them when they return to California. See the text of the California law here.

Colin :icon_geek:

Apparently available no charge on Amazon Prime

I have looked for it on Amazon Prime Europe and it is not available, though the music from it is.

Some parents are ill prepared to deal with adolescent or teenage children. Abdicating the responsibility of rearing a child to any religious institution is very wrong. Brainwashing a child in the name of Jesus, or any other religious figure will not solve problems.

There is such hypocrisy in the way religion is administered these days that these zombified religious parents must think their children are ignorant ​of the truth. This is the kind of parent kids walk away from if they can, and who can blame them? If conversion therapy was such a miracle cure then I wonder when such treatment will be available for the religious zealots?

I cannot see any major difference between the fanatics of the Islamic world and the fundamentalist Christians here in America. They are all reading the wrong books.

I cannot see any major difference between the fanatics of the Islamic world and the fundamentalist Christians here in America. They are all reading the wrong books.

I can see one difference, the Islamic fanatics at least appear to live by the word of the Koran, even if they are misreading it. I get the strong impression that the fundamentalist Christians have never read the New Testaments and have no concept of the teaching therein.

There are many benign Christians, just as there are Muslims. But I have to agree, the radicals in both religions can be called tyrants and bullies and crazies with no apologies at all. However, I don't see many Christians gleefully performing public beheadings, or killing children, or joining crowds of innocents wearing exploding vests. That's where these Islamists rise to a whole other level of evil.

C

Can we consider the nature of our civilisations if the Socratic method of question and answer to elicit the power of critical thinking had displaced religious myths from the minds of the ignorant masses; the slaves and the serfs. Of course, it must be said that the Enlightenment was needed before humankind could foster the freedom that would permit thought to distinguish the mythical from reasoned explanations for natural phenomena. Moreover, understanding the depth of indoctrination that parents and guardians mostly unwittingly impose on children, is lost in the attempt to adhere to traditional ignorance as the safest means for survival.

Unfortunately, in seeking that safety, inquiry and curiosity has been slowed; some would say inhibited, to the point where adaptability to changing environment becomes restricted by limiting the ability to question our existence as children. It should come as no surprise then, that adults who have never discovered the value of the Socratic method seek to ensure that myth overrides the truth of evidence that would, if permitted, enlighten, educate, and replace religious fear and ignorance with knowledge of reality in the here and now.