A Kid Named Joey by Nigel Gordon

Paul Wren

I've been off the site for a bit so it was a nice surprise to come back on and find aa new story by Nigel. Knowing Nigel's writing, I suspect this is not going where we think it is going. It will be interesting to see where it ends up. One thing that did surprise me was that I realised that I knew the town that Nigel had set the story in. OK he has moved it from the southern Midlands to the North of England. Also the town does not have a river flowing through it. What it has is a major road that cuts the town in half. However, the other facts about the town fit it exactly. If the location exists I am wondering how much of the story is actually a retelling of facts?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

Found this when @Nigel Gordon mentioned it in another discussion thread.  I don't ever remember seeing it on the AD main page, but perhaps I  snoozed past it somehow.

Anyway, it's here:  https://awesomedude.com/nigel_gordon/a-kid-named-joey/index.htm.

Recommended reading.

R

Before you start asking Rutabaga, yes, the second book in the Joey series is going to get written. I was blocked on some research due to the Covid restrictions. Am now able to get it done. Am back working on it. Need to as characters from the Joey series turn up in the second book of the Johnny series.

6 hours ago, Nigel Gordon said:

Before you start asking Rutabaga, yes, the second book in the Joey series is going to get written. I was blocked on some research due to the Covid restrictions. Am now able to get it done. Am back working on it. Need to as characters from the Joey series turn up in the second book of the Johnny series.

Moi?