Paul Wren

A Kid Named Joey by Nigel Gordon

I've been off the site for a bit so it was a nice surprise to come back on and find aa new story by Nigel. Knowing Nigel's writing, I suspect this is not going where we think it is going. It will be interesting to see where it ends up. One thing that did surprise me was that I realised that I knew the town that Nigel had set the story in. OK he has moved it from the southern Midlands to the North of England. Also the town does not have a river flowing through it. What it has is a major road that cuts the town in half. However, the other facts about the town fit it exactly. If the location exists I am wondering how much of the story is actually a retelling of facts?

Hmm, as a southerner I didn't recognize the town, Paul clearly knows the area much better than me. The story, on the other hand, is fascinating! I'm hooked and impatient for the next chapters.

I've just started reading it and am through chapter 6 already.  I love Nigel's writing and this is more of the same.  If you haven't read it, my advice is: don't miss this one!

C

Make sure your seatbelts are securely fastened!  This story is taking some unexpectedly sharp turns....