New AwesomeDude Forums online

dude

We are now rolling out the new Invision Power Board here at AwesomeDude Forums.

As I'm still low on the learning curve on this new and complex piece of software... please bear with me.

If you notice a function that doesn't work... drop me an email at dude@awesomedude.com and let me know...

When all the bugs are worked out... And everyone gets used to using the new board... including me...I'm sure you'll like it and that it will be much more reliable and secure that our previous software.

Bear with us!

and yes.. I'm working on getting the smilies to not take up so much room....

Bear with us!

Shouldn't that be ... bare with us! #-o

OK Dude, the new look will take getting use to, but hey I'm just glad the forums are still here. :razz:

And it should be easier to read. It's growing on me.

In fact it is quite good.

I think I like it. Yes I do.

It's great.

;-)

Guest Guest_jack scribe_*

Shouldn't that be ... bare with us!

It's great.

Hey 'dude',

And a new avatar! Goodness, what fantasy...I think? What's in the water down there?

Yep, terrific new look.

Jack

I've seen Invision boards before, and the options are nice. But I'm new to using them behind the scenes. -- This will be a challenge.

Hey, I like the new pewter / steel gray look.

I've seen Invision boards before, and the options are nice. But I'm new to using them behind the scenes. -- This will be a challenge.

Hey, I like the new pewter / steel gray look.

Test. test (manual BB code entry)

Weird. I just don't understand why this randomly works :/

I like the boards in theory. It's just some posts look normal and some display the BB code instead of the actual visual effect I expect.

And this post is centered. No idea why, but it is.

Turning off centering here, but since it wasn't on I shouldn't have to do it.

I like this look myself.

I noticed that Bunny didn't survive the trip over. But I got him back up.

One of the nice features is the edit feature. You now have the option of doing a full edit or a quick edit. If you use the FULL Edit mode, it will take you back to the post screen as if you were still working on a post or reply. In Quick mode, you do the edit right here in the posted screen.

I use this same version for The Talon House.

Yeah... I said I haven't got everything implemented yet... As the lovely and talented TalonRider pointed out in a PM... they do have a BOOK on the subject and from the dearth of online documentation for this board... I understand they must sell a lot of them.

I'll have you know I have ordered the book... which should be here in Borneo in a mere six to eight weeks on the bananna boat... but I have purchased the e-version of the book and it resides on my hard drive now.

It is now Monday morning now so after taking care of morning duties and getting the coffee IV bottle flowing... I'll be all over that little PDF file...

Thanks for all your support!

Uh, shouldn't that be "banana"? :razz:

It's a very interesting new look. From our side of it, it will probably be a short learning curve. Good job dude! :razz:

Woot!

um ... yeah, wicked board Dude!

I like the new smilies too, though why :razz: 'cool' has long green hair and a flower I don't understand, geek :razz: has turned into a mentally deranged Rastafari and what is :cat: a cat supposed to signify?

Camy

Woot!

um ... yeah, wicked board Dude!

I like the new smilies too, though why :razz: 'cool' has long green hair and a flower I don't understand, geek :razz: has turned into a mentally deranged Rastafari and what is :cat: a cat supposed to signify?

Camy

I sign my posts with :cat::cat:

I'm the geek as piles of computer, science and math books surround me.

Boo the cat is never far away. He always checks to see if Graeme has anything new out.

I sign my posts with :razz::cat:

I'm the geek as piles of computer, science and math books surround me.

Boo the cat is never far away. He always checks to see if Graeme has anything new out.

And there you have, Camy, the reason those particular two smilies were carried over from the old board.

:razz:

And there you have, Camy, the reason those particular two smilies were carried over from the old board.

:razz:

It's nice to finally be in the know.

Onto another topic before I inadvertently insult anyone elses emoticon thingy :razz:

I notice there is a blog link now :cat: - does this mean???!!!

It's nice to finally be in the know.

Onto another topic before I inadvertently insult anyone elses emoticon thingy :razz:

I notice there is a blog link now :razz: - does this mean???!!!

You will be able to START your own AD Community Blogs from Labor Day weekend.... (that's weekend after next for non-US folks. ) If you have a blog elsewhere you'd like to have appear at AD ... we'll start linking them THIS weekend.

Thank you for asking. :cat:

Yeah... I said I haven't got everything implemented yet... As the lovely and talented TalonRider pointed out in a PM... they do have a BOOK on the subject and from the dearth of online documentation for this board... I understand they must sell a lot of them.

I'll have you know I have ordered the book... which should be here in Borneo in a mere six to eight weeks on the bananna boat... but I have purchased the e-version of the book and it resides on my hard drive now.

It is now Monday morning now so after taking care of morning duties and getting the coffee IV bottle flowing... I'll be all over that little PDF file...

Thanks for all your support!

I'm scheduled to receive the book 8/24.