I made a boo-boo

I had a few responses from my alert readers of some errors in Chapter Thirteen of One Moonlit Night. All the errors people spotted, were actually caught and corrected. I submitted the wrong version. I did submit a corrected version, but perhaps I did not get it to Joey or Dude in a timely manner. Didn't want anyone to think my editors were sleeping on the job.

As punishment, I did take away my TV priviliges for the three-day weekend and also the use of the car. I certainly hope I learned my lesson.

--Steven Keiths

If you can't laugh at yourself; you're probably not funny.

my cat o nine tails is at the cleaners!

--Steven

One feels impelled to ask, what is it being cleaned of? Does your cleaner do bloodstains?

C

Hmmmmmm? One of the masters of "keep them guessing" is asking me to reveal a rather private matter. As I brought it up though, I'm compelled to reply. No, Cole, everyone knows soda will clean the bloodstains. :stare:

--Steven Keiths

If you can't laugh at yourself; you're probably not funny.

Soda? You mean like the soft drinks? Or are you referring to the stuff they used to put in soap? Or maybe you mean baking soda? I'm at a loss here. Isn't hydrogen peroxide better for cleaning blood, and sterilizing at the same time?

Soda? You mean like the soft drinks? Or are you referring to the stuff they used to put in soap? Or maybe you mean baking soda? I'm at a loss here. Isn't hydrogen peroxide better for cleaning blood, and sterilizing at the same time?

I'll check this out with Count Dracula just as soon he wakes up. :icon1:

Steven, you must be drinking cheap scotch. The good stuff is single malt scotch, and only a heathen would put water, or, shudder, ice in it. Drink it neat, man, and sip it, let it moisten your taste buds, then trickle down the back of your throat, as it inspires thoughts or peat and smoke and transports you to the lonely, barren hills of the Scottish coast.

If you really want to taste something unusual, try Lagavulin. Amazing stuff. If your local pub doesn't have it, choose a different pub.

C

Cheap is definitely not a modifier to be used with single malt scotch. The stuff is fiercely quality controlled in Scotland. There are, I believe, fewer than 100 distilleries that are licensed to produce it. It has to be aged for years; the fewest I've seen for bottled single malts is eight; ten and twelve year aging seems more the standard. Holding your inventory for that long obviously affects the price. You can buy it aged for 25 years or longer. Well, maybe you can, but such a bottle comes way to dearly for my budget. Which is the rub. The stuff certainly is expensive. But sipping a glass or two is something anyone that enjoys liquor, anyone with a smattering of sybaritic tastes, should try.

I never liked scotch at all till I tried single malt scotch.

C

• 5 months later...

Not just Lagavulin but also Talisker, Bowmore, Highland Park, Laphroaig, and even Bunnahabain, so anyone in Bristol wants a wee dram just let me know (no obligation!)

Love,

Anthony