We?re listening - Is Sally Kern?s son gay?

dude

On March 7, the US Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund put up a bizarre screed on YouTube from an Oklahoma State Representative called, ?I?m listening.?

The three minute audio/video has been viewed over 8 hundred thousand times. It?s jaw-dropping, and it is difficult to understand how voters can be so desensitized to this kind of speech and behavior from an elected official.

Kern is the state representative for Oklahoma City District 84 and is the wife of Dr. Steve Kern of The SBC Olivet Baptist Church.

The church website header reads, ?The end of your search for a friendly church.?

What is even more bizarre is that Kern says she received a standing ovation from 500 state Republicans on Monday for what occurred when the video went viral.

Kern has received thousands of phone calls and emails from across the US since the video went online, law officials are investigating possible death threats.

Hate does not need to be met with hate. An 18 year old tried to deliver this letter to Kern?s office. He was stopped by state troopers and was not permitted to deliver it.

His uncle put in online.

The high school student lost his mother in the 1995 terrorist bombing in the district Kern represents:

You were a school teacher and you have seen those things too. How could you care so little about the suffering of some of your students?

Let me tell you the result of your words in my school. Every openly gay and suspected gay in the school were having to walk together Monday for protection. They looked scared. They?ve already experienced enough hate and now your words gave other students even more motivation to sneer at them and call them names. Afterall, you are a teacher and a lawmaker, many young people have taken your words to heart. That happens when you assume a role of responsibility in your community. I seriously think before this week ends that some kids here will be going home bruised and bloody because of what you said.

I wish you could?ve met my mom. Maybe she could?ve guided you in how a real Christian should be acting and speaking.

I have not had a mother for nearly 13 years now and wonder if there were fewer people like you around, people with more love and tolerance in their hearts instead of strife, if my mom would be here to watch me graduate from high school this spring. Now she won?t be there. So I?ll be packing my things and leaving Oklahoma to go to college elsewhere and one day be a writer and I have no intentions to ever return here. I have no doubt that people like you will incite crazy people to build more bombs and kill more people again. I don?t want to be here for that. I just can?t go through that again.

I?ve put Tucker?s full letter up under more. It?s been put up on Geocities (which keeps crashing) and is buried at the New9 Oklahoma site. Sally Kern apparently has been making statements like this for years, this is the first time she has received national exposure. While groups acknowledge she has the right to free speech and the right to her opinions, her imprudence as an elected official is cause for deep concern in the state. According to Kern:

- gays are more of a threat to America than terrorists

- people with a homosexual agenda are going after our young children, as young as two years of age

- homosexual ?activists? are infiltrating? city councils across the country, and have completed a hostile takeover of Eureka Springs, Ark.

- As a matter of fact, studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it?s the death knell for this country. I honestly think it?s the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam.

- This stuff [homosexuality] is deadly and it is spreading. It will destroy our young people and it will destroy this nation.

When Kern was asked by state and national media if she believed these statements she acknowledged she did and claimed she could back them up with facts.

She can back them up actually because they come from known discredited hate groups and leaders who use Christianity and the bible to divide and conquer. She is quoting debunked and disgraced individuals and groups such as Paul Cameron, Watchman on the Walls and the American Family Association.

The remarks Representative Kerns won?t apologize for do not happen in a vacuum, her beliefs may be rooted and born fruit in personal problems.

According to Oklahomans who say they know the family Mrs. Kern has disowned her gay son.

Sally Kern - wiki

Rep Kern:

On April 19, 1995, in Oklahoma City a terrorist detonated a bomb that killed my mother and 167 others. 19 children died that day. Had I not had the chicken pox that day, the body count would?ve likely have included one more. Over 800 other Oklahomans were injured that day and many of those still suffer through their permanent wounds.

That terrorist was neither a homosexual or was he involved in Islam. He was an extremist Christian forcing his views through a body count. He held his beliefs and made those who didn?t live up to them pay with their lives.

As you were not a resident of Oklahoma on that day, it could be explained why you so carelessly chose words saying that the homosexual agenda is worst than terrorism. I can most certainly tell you through my own experience that is not true. I am sure there are many people in your voting district that laid a loved one to death after the terrorist attack on Oklahoma City. I kind of doubt you?ll find one of them that will agree with you.

I was five years old when my mother died. I remember what a beautiful, wise, and remarkable woman she was. I miss her. Your harsh words and misguided beliefs brought me to tears, because you told me that my mother?s killer was a better person than a group of people that are seeking safety and tolerance for themselves.

As someone left motherless and victimized by terrorists, I say to you very clearly you are absolutely wrong.

You represent a district in Oklahoma City and you very coldly express a lack of love, sympathy or understanding for what they?ve been through. Can I ask if you might have chosen wiser words were you a real Oklahoman that was here to share the suffering with Oklahoma City? Might your heart be a bit less cold had you been around to see the small bodies of children being pulled out of rubble and carried away by weeping firemen?

I?ve spent 12 years in Oklahoma public schools and never once have I had anyone try to force a gay agenda on me. I have seen, however, many gay students beat up and there?s never a day in school that has went by when I haven?t heard the word **** slung at someone. I?ve been called gay slurs many times and they hurt and I am not even gay so I can just imagine how a real gay person feels. You were a school teacher and you have seen those things too. How could you care so little about the suffering of some of your students?

Let me tell you the result of your words in my school. Every openly gay and suspected gay in the school were having to walk together Monday for protection. They looked scared. They?ve already experienced enough hate and now your words gave other students even more motivation to sneer at them and call them names. Afterall, you are a teacher and a lawmaker, many young people have taken your words to heart. That happens when you assume a role of responsibility in your community. I seriously think before this week ends that some kids here will be going home bruised and bloody because of what you said.

I wish you could?ve met my mom. Maybe she could?ve guided you in how a real Christian should be acting and speaking.

I have not had a mother for nearly 13 years now and wonder if there were fewer people like you around, people with more love and tolerance in their hearts instead of strife, if my mom would be here to watch me graduate from high school this spring. Now she won?t be there. So I?ll be packing my things and leaving Oklahoma to go to college elsewhere and one day be a writer and I have no intentions to ever return here. I have no doubt that people like you will incite crazy people to build more bombs and kill more people again. I don?t want to be here for that. I just can?t go through that again.

You may just see me as a kid, but let me try to teach you something. The old saying is sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will never hurt you. Well, your words hurt me. Your words disrespected the memory of my mom. Your words can cause others to pick up sticks and stones and hurt others.

Sincerely

Tucker

Original Post HERE

This is an article in an Oklahoma newpaper, discussing this same topic:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.asp..._A18_hWhen42518

Cole

I love the closing line of this Tulsa World editorial:

Rep. Kern may think she speaks only for herself but in the eyes of the nation her vitriol slops over on all Oklahomans.

Colin :icon_geek:

I don't know if Sally Kern's son is gay but she a ignorant, bigoted redneck who is probably all for burning crosses in the right company. This is the same bile that the Phelps cult teaches.

I avoided this thread for a while, because I knew it would fire me up. It did. Another hate speech applauded. If you replaced "gay" and "homosexuals" and etc from her speech and inserted "Jews", she would be under arrest.

She should be extricated, but not arrested. Everyone has the right to speak freely their own thoughts and opinions. But bordering on hate, and inciting to cause harm or inflict damage, is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to far for any kind of speech to be allowed to be free.

That is an example of hatred and bigotry and she should be ashamed and treated like a pariah.

Like james, I don't know about her son, if tis' true that is truly said, that she cannot except her own son, her words are truly hateful, I did laugh at the stupidest remark about teach 2 year olds wtf.

She's a C.

And can someone please expain what the "gay agenda" is?

And can someone please expain what the "gay agenda" is?

That's easy, Drewbie. TR defined it a few years back!

Homosexual Agenda

Start new vitamins with breakfast.

Get tires checked, gas.

Staff meeting at 10 A.M.

Mail bills.

Meet Richard for lunch.

Pick up dry-cleaning and flowers.

Bible study at coffeehouse.

Pick Ashley up from twirling practice.

Stop at grocery, salad fixings and cat food.

American Idol.

Call Mother.

Take trash to curb, recycle.

http://www.tragicrabbit.org/poems/index.htm

The gay agenda song,

(To be sung while shopping)

I feel pretty,

I feel pretty,

And witty

And GAY

And so pretty

I hardly can believe I'm real.

I feel stunning

I'm enchanting

I feel like running

And dancing for joy

For I'm Loved by

A pretty wonderful Boy!

(I feel pretty from West Side Story).

The death threats seem to be a figment of Kern's imagination.

click HERE for the story.

from the Oklahoma State House of Representatives - Member's Page:

Rep. Kern, Sally

District 84, Republican

Committees

Social Services, Chair

Education Committee

Common Education

Human Services Committee

Capitol Address:

2300 N. Lincoln Blvd.

Room 332

Oklahoma City, OK 73105

(405) 557-7348

District Address:

2713 Sterling Ave.

Oklahoma City, OK 73127

Email:

sallykern@okhouse.gov

The death threats seem to be a figment of Kern's imagination.

click HERE for the story.

The article has a lot of comments, #23 being one of the funniest things I've read in a while, especially the part about Britany Spears:

23. 3/12/2008 10:39:52 AM, Matt, Oklahoma

You guys make a lot of great points about the radical homosexual agenda of wanting to be equal. It got me thinking of the biggest threat of all, gay marriage. Here are the reasons why we must never allow such an un-American act to be recognized.

First, Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

Second, Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

Third, Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

Fourth, Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn?t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can?t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

Fifth, Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears? 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

Sixth, Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn?t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren?t full yet, and the world needs more children.

Seventh, Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

Eight, Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That?s why we have only one religion in America.

Ninth, Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That?s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

And Finally, Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven?t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Great comment, Matt in Oklahoma! :shock:

Colin :icon11:

Kern: Gay and pro-gay philanthropists furthering moral decay

by Nick Langewis

story link

"Where are the social conservative billionaires?" asks embattled Oklahoma House Rep. Sally Kern. "We've got some, but they don't give money the way the gay philanthropists are giving their money."

Additional audio obtained by PageOneQ of the recent controversial speech by Rep. Kern gives more detail to her criticisms of the "gay agenda," especially on a political level: the lawmaker specifically targets four philanthropists, who cumulatively contribute tens of millions of dollars a year to LGBT causes and political campaigns.

Rep. Kern has been under fire since portions of the speech calling homosexuality a larger threat than terrorism, and the "death knell" for the United States, were released by the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund earlier this month. The legislator has stood by her statements, refusing to apologize, and has since retained legal counsel.

"I like to call myself a social conservative," the speech opened. "And for me, a social conservative is more than just being Pro-Life and wanting smaller government spending less."

"What made us great," says Kern of the United States, "and what is destroying us is just like a coin; it's a flip side. What made us great is that fact that we were a nation founded upon Christian principles."

Kern says that the Founding Fathers gave preferential treatment to Christianity in the early days of the United States, and that the "gay agenda" is one big indicator that American society shows signs of moral bankruptcy by straying from "Christian values" and abandoning a "cohesive values system."

"Here's the problem," the lawmaker says: "The gay people are motivated. If we, as...whether you're Christian or not--if you're just a good conservative--if we were as motivated as the gay people were, the contest would be over."

The philanthropic efforts of Colorado entrepreneur Tim Gill, founder of the pro-LGBT Gill Foundation, are mentioned in the speech, along with his counterparts in the Colorado "Gang of Four." Gill, Pat Stryker (sister of openly-gay philanthropist John Stryker), Rutt Bridges and Congressional candidate Jared Polis have "changed the face of Colorado" through grassroots activism, seeking swing votes and funding local and state political races, Kern laments, as a result of being courted, but ultimately abandoned, by the Democratic Party when there is danger of a larger base being alienated.

Says Rep. Kern of the Gang of Four: "...they contributed last year over $30 million to state races. They targeted 13 states. They targeted 70 local politicians; they took out 50 of them.

"For 40 years, Colorado's legislature was in the hands of Republicans. In '06 it changed to the hands of the Democrats. And the main reason is because of--they're pushing--these four people, along with other people--and I have a list of them here--the top ones that you can see. This is important, because, when you start looking at who's contributing to races, say that particular statewide race we're all concerned about, look for some of these names. They don't give more than $1,000--because they don't want to draw attention--but they will give up to $1,000.

"Their strategy is very under-the-table, very stealth; and their goal is to find state legislatures that are very tight...and in just a few races, can make the difference to switch it from Republican to Democrat--they're going to target that. And their goal is, in doing that, to intimidate Republicans."

Copyright ? 2007 Page One News Media, Inc.

Where are the conservative billionaires?

There are plenty of them but don't count on them coming off of any cash.

They got theirs from the family trust and don't give a shiite about anybody else until they get old, find jebus and are trying desperately for absolution or to be relevent once again.

When they start showing these signs, their families usually label them incompetent and hide the checkbook.

If for some reason you want to hear her say those stupidities (trust me, she sounds stupid as well!)
is a link!

Thanks for the link, Maddy. I was going to click on it and listen to her rant and rave, but I decided not to. "Why not?" you ask. Among the reasons for listening would be to follow her screed and "Know thine enemy." Well, I know enough about Oklahoma Representative Sally Kern already. She has nothing to say that I am interested in listening to. She, in my opinion, is a non-person. In a religious context, she is a pawn of the devil, she has been taken over by the demons from Hell. To listen to her is to hear shite. I don't need that. Sally Kern can return to Hell or wherever it is she came from. :wink:

Just my opinion.

Colin :icon13:

Sally Kern can return to Hell or wherever it is she came from.

So, you aren't buddies, I take it. :wink:

Sally Kern can return to Hell or wherever it is she came from.

I have to agree, Colin. Her claiming to be a Christian is blasphemy in my opinion. I consider myself a Christian and always have... but her hate speech defies every Christian principle I ever learned.

There is a place reserved for people like her... it begins with "H" but St. Peter sure isn't it's gatekeeper. :wink:

Her son, by the way, claims not to be gay.... but celibate. As a 'gift' to his God. :icon13:

Her son, by the way, claims not to be gay.... but celibate. As a 'gift' to his God. :icon_geek:

Isn't this how Catholic preists get started?

SAVE AN ALTER BOY!

JUST SAY NO TO CELIBACY!

"What made us great," says Kern of the United States, "and what is destroying us is just like a coin; it's a flip side. What made us great is that fact that we were a nation founded upon Christian principles."

"...the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..."

-Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli, as ratified by congress and signed by president John Adams (1797).

Nice try, though. Really.

"Their strategy is very under-the-table, very stealth; and their goal is to find state legislatures that are very tight...and in just a few races, can make the difference to switch it from Republican to Democrat--they're going to target that. And their goal is, in doing that, to intimidate Republicans."

Oh, no! She's stumbled upon some of our Extra-Stealthy Secret Gaygents! Now we have to start all over, training a new batch!

Though it seems that her side usually argues that gays are "flaunting their lifestyle" or "shoving it in our faces". Now, apparently, we're sticking to the shadows, in a most underhanded (yet lavender-scented) way. Welp, whatever.

Don't you love it when someone stands up on a righteous soapbox and claims their Christianity for all to hear, then goes on to drip hatred, to spew bile and censure? In the name of Christianity?

I thought the underlying principles, the foundation, of Christianity were that the good Christian was to love thy neighbor, and to love the sinner while rejecting the sin, and to leave judgment of others to God. Isn't that what the religion is all about? Weren't those tenets what drew people to it?

How can claiming to be Chrisian and then spewing hate work? I don't get it.

I never have.

C

Mayor Joy rebukes Oklahoman's anti-gay comments

By E. Alan Long, Carroll County News

Story Link

EUREKA SPRINGS - Statements made by Oklahoma State Representative Sally Kern ®, secretly recorded and released on YouTube.com on March 7 brought a rebuke from Mayor Dani Joy at the conclusion of Monday's city council meeting.

Kern used Eureka Springs as an example of a town ?taken over by the militant homosexual agenda,? and can be seen on the Web at http://www/youtube.com/watch v=1T7s3x4JoQ.\

The mayor's statement, released earlier on Geekfest, an electronic community bulletin board, describes Eureka Springs as ?welcoming to all visitors and residents without regard to their race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or national origin. It is our hope that all people would aspire to this ideal.?

She also added that in her opinion it was appalling that Kern used Eureka Springs and its citizens to further a private agenda. Elected officials, she said, are put into office for other reasons, and added that she feels that Kern owes the city an apology.

Copyright ? 2008 Carroll County Newspapers

There is this part of me that feels a great deal of pity for Ms. Kerns. I would hate to have to live with all that hatred and bitterness swirling around in my head. I feel for her child--gay or straight--to have been brought up by this very 'sick' thinking woman. I feel for those people she represents in her distirct. Which begs the question: What were they thinking when they voted this woman into office? Was this a sudden mental breakdown on her part, or was it the voters mental breakdown?

I do not like to meet hatred with more hatred. I wish there really was a 'love potion'. Though it may take a gallon to thaw out Ms. Kerns.

I wish I had a definite solution to reach out to people like Ms. Kerns. Alack, I don't.

Is being hateful so much easier than being loving? Perhaps I'm just too old to waste my time hating and being bitter. Especially when the rewards of loving and acceptance are so much greater.

It truly saddens me. After every Christian just celebrated the death of Someone who was so hated that He was flogged, thorns placed on his head and nailed a cross; well you'd think they'd get with the program. Of course He taught love and caring. Can't have that now, can we?

He wept.

It truly saddens me. After every Christian just celebrated the death of Someone who was so hated that He was flogged, thorns placed on his head and nailed a cross; well you'd think they'd get with the program. Of course He taught love and caring. Can't have that now, can we?

Of course not! That is all part of the gay lifestyle and gay agenda that's the root of all of America's problems. Right?

Unfortunately, hate begets hate. Of course, Sally Kern can't understand why anyone (other than the gays, of course) could or would hate her. Right.

Colin :B)

The hypocrisies of organised religions have caused more than one person to adopt an atheist sympathy.

Of course there are other aspects to being an atheist, but the moment the individual becomes aware that the message of a man of peace is being misused, misconstrued or misappropriated, then sensitive people are prone to asking questions.

Such questions will be considered as being opposed to the religion.

The questioners will be branded as recusant, or even heretics and 'burned at the stake.'

They are judged as different and therefore wrong.

If they are wrong, then they are to be despised, and regarded as a threat.

If they pose a threat it must be because they have an agenda to overthrow what is believed, therefore they must be stopped.

But burning at the stake is no longer allowed, at least in most countries where the state and religion have been divided, so other methods must be employed to disable the 'threat.'

The most common one is to instigate unthinking hatred.

That they teach and do this in opposition to the basic concept of unconditional love, shows that it is not a spiritual problem, but a social one.

The division of state and church was a move to stem the tide of murder in a religion's name, (amongst other things.)

Today the truly evil agenda is for organised religion to control the state once more; this time through hate and fear.

That is how I see things when I read of people like Kern. There are many other factors to consider.

:icon_geek: