All Sorts

If I presume, fair readers, to recommend the expenditure of just a little of your precious time in the perusal of the new offering from that master of his craft, Sir Camy of world repute, I hope that you will take it in good part. I profess the utmost confidence that you will find your effort well rewarded, for this story is a miniature masterpiece, light and humorous, with deep-running pathos beneath, such that you may need to utilise your kerchief (the linen one, with the embroidered monogram).

All Sorts - you are cordially invited to visit!

In our search for understanding and acceptance we all too often overlook and neglect the plight of our brothers (and sisters) caught between two worlds. Camy has given voice to this often painful dilemma in, as Bruin says, his usual masterful style.

James

• 1 month later...

Great writing Camy! Early on in reading this short, I had a feeling of deja vu. I had read this before, but not this particular story rather the way it was presented. Then it hit me. Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf. Sharon all of a sudden became Elizabeth Taylor and I saw Richard Burton, the nemesis across from Elizabeth. They loved each other but still couldn't not let the barbs show.

Great stuff Camy, just great stuff.

A line from Katherine Hepburn comes to mind from The Lion In Winter. As she's again thrown onto the floor of her imprisoning tower, she looks up from the floor and says, (something to the effect) "All great families have their ups and downs."

I read Richard's post, agreed with it wholeheartedly, and then wondered why I'd never posted a comment on the story before. Looked back through the archive of the Readers Rule forum, and couldn't find a thread for it. Puzzling.

This is a great story, great fun, humorously told and with more twists than a pigtail. Typically Camy, it immerses the reader in suburban domesticity and then reveals that such a setting does not always determine conventionality. It's a story that makes me grin and hug my shoulders in glee.

Strongly recommended.

I read Richard's post, agreed with it wholeheartedly, and then wondered why I'd never posted a comment on the story before. Looked back through the archive of the Readers Rule forum, and couldn't find a thread for it. Puzzling.

This is a great story, great fun, humorously told and with more twists than a pigtail. Typically Camy, it immerses the reader in suburban domesticity and then reveals that such a setting does not always determine conventionality. It's a story that makes me grin and hug my shoulders in glee.

Strongly recommended.

As are all of Camy's stories. Always!

C