"Peter and Sam" by Cole Parker

Rutabaga

A good tale, but then it goes without saying - all Cole Parker tales are good.

I do have a wee problem with the end. In my view Aunt Alice should go straight to hell (without collecting $200) where she is prodded, poked and gibbered at by demons... for eternity.

I, too, enjoyed the story. I, too, think all of Mr. Parker's stories are to treasured.

I, too, had a wee problem with the end, having to suspend my disbelief that Aunt Alice would be capable of working through her demons in a couple days time. I imagine the phone call from the reporter sped up the process! (Thoroughly enjoyed the story nonetheless.)

I wonder how many people in real life are like Aunt Alice, though.  Maybe more than I realize, come to think of it.

I'm an optimist, as people reading my stories certainly understand.  My feeling is that love can conquer early childhood training and brainwashing.  I won't give up that tenet easily.  I think love is an extremely powerful emotion and makes life worth living.  

Happy Thnanksgiving, everyone, and don't eat too much.  And exploding stomach is nothing to sneeze at.

C

On 11/24/2022 at 6:34 PM, Camy said:

You are, and we adore you for it! 😉

Yup. 🙂 

On 11/24/2022 at 5:23 PM, Cole Parker said:

Happy Thnanksgiving, everyone, and don't eat too much.  And exploding stomach is nothing to sneeze at.

C

*burrrp.

Too late, Cole.