The Navigator by Cynus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I had forgotten that batshit crazy Officer Higgins was still out and about.

Enforcing the leash law, no doubt.

R

She was always one to stick her nose in places it shouldn't be. :)

And this story draws to a close.

I have to admit I was wondering pretty madly who the person was for that final call -- some of my speculations were far more "out there" than the actual one. I daren't say more.

I found myself reflecting today on how I found myself drawn to Silas's early demonstration of competence in camping, survival skills, etc. It was the same thing I found myself drawn to in Cole Parker's "High Plains of Wyoming" tale, where the lead character (Mason?) had similarly developed extensive skill in wilderness survival. It's not that I personally want to undergo the privation involved; I just find it interesting to contemplate what it would be like to have that level of self-assurance and calm confidence in such a situation. I think it surely must be a guy thing. We value and savor efficacy.

Anyway, good show, and may the navigator continue to navigate.

R

Thank you to everyone, and I'm glad you enjoyed the tale. I appreciate everyone who stuck through to the end, and Silas and the others appreciate it as well. :) I hope you'll all be around for the sequel, whenever I get around to writing it. ;)