Bye Bye Beagle

From Beagle's homepage "It is my sad duty to report that as of May 2008, Dabeagle.com will be closing it's doors. We thank all of you loyal readers for your love and support over the years. It's been a long run and we are grateful to have been your source for quality gay fiction."

I'm sad because Beagle was my very first home on the 'net but it's not like this is a surprise. Beagle will be missed by me, at least. And I wish he'd come over to AD or CW and visit.

(The Beagle forums are already closed)

• 4 weeks later...

I got a email from Dave and he said he was going to try to keep the site going. Seems his web guy is showing him how to do updates and such himself so the site will be more active than the bi-yearly postings as was the current setup. He promised nothing, but he was going to try to keep his place going.

That's news from the Beagle. :lol:

I got a email from Dave and he said he was going to try to keep the site going. Seems his web guy is showing him how to do updates and such himself so the site will be more active than the bi-yearly postings as was the current setup. He promised nothing, but he was going to try to keep his place going.

That's news from the Beagle.

And there were UPDATES.

I sure hope daBeagle continues! If for nothing else, for Dave's own stories!

It looks like it is, as the 'closing down' sign has gone. Now it says : The site is in a state of flux. Please bear with us and enjoy the site updates as they occur. NEW: Enigma of Flatness 20, Mechanics 101, Bewitched. Enjoy!

:icon1:

Now, if he'll only update 'The Quantum', I'l be a happy Emu.

Camy

He actually posted the last chapter on his message board, which is now gone. :icon1:

I asked him about posting it, and he said that he would once he was done with it. Seems he wanted to add to it or something. I'm not going to complain. I did read the last chapter he posted and it seemed a bit forced and it ended kind of quick.

Just my opinion.

I was delighted in The Quantum when it began. But it never seemed to finish. I stopped reading it eventually. It's one of the stories that convinced me not to read unfinished works. I try to stick to that rule, but sometimes fail. I've read all of Douglas' HLAYK and am waiting for the final chapter; and I can't help but read Driver's unfinished stories. But my experience with The Quantum lingers, and with most stories, I wait.

C

• 2 months later...