firefox 3 ?

E.J.

Great program. Works like gangbusters on the Mac. I may reluctantly change over it to it instead of Safari (and I'm a huge Safari fan). Firefox 3 appears to load web pages at least twice as fast as Safari, and I've got a couple of very fast 2.5GHz dual-core machines. (Actually, one quad-core and one dual-core Intel.)

I am still on v2 at home but am cautiously experimenting with v3 at work. As soon as my bank is compatible I'll switch.

Be warned there is at least one rendering bug in HTML with F3. Sites with NESTED lists UL/OL tags sometimes misformat and put the numbering/bullets AFTER the items instead of before. Quite odd.

Sort of like it's thinking you're in a R to L language instead of the other way.

I'm on Firefox 3 and love it. Faster. Better rendering. Handier navigation bar. All around, much better. I don't miss IE7, even though I still have to test on it.

A caveat: Netflix didn't like Firefox 2. I don't know if it'll like FF3 any better.

I haven't yet noticed the nested list bug that Wibby saw.

Guest Fritz

I've had no problem with FireFox 3 either in installing or using, and so far I haven't hit any new compatibility problems with it. If you are using FireFox I would say go ahead and update. If you are using Internet Explorer I think you owe yourself at least a trial run with FireFox. IE 7 was the reason I tried FireFox and I've been a happy user every since.

I just had Firefox 3 total screw me on eBay last night, composing an ad in Dreamweaver and then putting the HTML into Firefox. All the HTML code showed, which is wrong. I re-pasted the HTML into Safari, and it worked perfectly.

Firefox is off my list for now. [grumble mode on]

• 11 months later...

I've been obstinate sometimes and even downright stubborn at other times. (It's a Squarehead thing, you know?) I just wouldn't abandon IE7. Well today I got fed up with IE not responding and even locking my computer so I'm now on Firefox 3. So far it's worked wonders and I'm happy with it.

I actually don't mind IE8 under Windows. The new Safari 4 is a little flakey, though, and even has a few bugs on the Mac side.

If you want a really buggy browser, take Google Chrome (please). Yikes! :hehe:

Great program. Works like gangbusters on the Mac. I may reluctantly change over it to it instead of Safari (and I'm a huge Safari fan). Firefox 3 appears to load web pages at least twice as fast as Safari, and I've got a couple of very fast 2.5GHz dual-core machines. (Actually, one quad-core and one dual-core Intel.)

Have you upgraded to Safari 4? Reviews say it's faster than any other browser (including the latest incarnation of Chrome) and my experience is that it is very fast.

Colin :hehe:

• 1 month later...
Have you upgraded to Safari 4? Reviews say it's faster than any other browser (including the latest incarnation of Chrome) and my experience is that it is very fast.

Colin :icon1:

I mostly use safari 4 on my mac, firefox was faster before though, then 4 came out and firefox is faster then what it was, safari also opens a bit faster, and I installed a extension pack called glims, gives you multiple search engines, saves tabs when you close etc.

http://www.machangout.com/

I want to try chrome when it' comes to mac, it's being tested at the moment,

• 2 weeks later...

This is one plugin I could not live without---------------------

Xmarks is the #1 bookmarking add-on. Install it on all your computers to keep your bookmarks and (optionally) passwords backed up and synchronized. Xmarks also helps you uncover the best of the web based on what millions of people are bookmarking.

Add to Firefox

recommended

Mozilla is committed to supporting a vibrant and healthy developer ecosystem. Your optional contribution helps sustain further development of this add-on.

close

Version 3.3.2

Works with Firefox: 3.0 ? 3.5.*

Updated August 13, 2009

Developer Xmarks Inc.

Homepage http://www.xmarks.com/

Rating Rated 4 out of 5 stars 1179 reviews

Downloads 16,265,228