Attempt

This is a remarkable piece of writing, a detailed and precise description of a state of mind, a snapshot of a moment in a life, a defining moment, and a peek into a mind in turmoil. He's planning to come out to someone, right? And he needs all his courage to do so. Yup, I can empathise with that!

Nice piece, Res. More?

Bruin :smile:

Res:

That was wonderful. As I was reading that short piece, the stacato of the sentences, the panic in someones mind, all of it, it had my heart palpitating. You pulled it off man. What a great scene!

We want, no...need, to hear more from you. :icon1:

Richard

Bruin:

I don't think he's planning on coming out. I got the impression that some words were said to him that were going to out him, and he panicked. He's trying to calm himself, to rationalize that he's still okay. Damn, I still get chills reading that.

Richard

What a great piece!

The fact several people all interpret it differently shows it's universality. We take our own thoughts and emotions and run them through the sieve of your story to help us define it.

I interpreted it differently from the others. To me, the person was contemplating suicide, and telling himself to hold on a minute here, I need to think about this!

Great stuff.

C

Bruin:

I don't think he's planning on coming out. I got the impression that some words were said to him that were going to out him, and he panicked. He's trying to calm himself, to rationalize that he's still okay. Damn, I still get chills reading that.

Richard

I think I agree with Richard on this one, (sorry Cole :icon1: ), I get the feeling/impression that something had been said, or even one further, someone saw something that could be observed to be gay in nature, and the narrator is freaked and trying to find a solution to control the situation, mainly his own sanity. Either way, emotionally packed and highly charged.

What a great piece!

The fact several people all interpret it differently shows it's universality. We take our own thoughts and emotions and run them through the sieve of your story to help us define it.

I interpreted it differently from the others. To me, the person was contemplating suicide, and telling himself to hold on a minute here, I need to think about this!

Great stuff.

C

To address Cole's comment, I think with these sentences...

Because no one will know. You still have your family and friends. You don't have to do this right now. You can wait until you are stronger.

puts the kibosh on the suicide train of thought. When family and friends are faced with an attempted suicide, they tend to bond together stronger, to help their family member or friend through his troubled time.

Of course, we could be wrong and you could be right. Either way, this is a very good piece Res.

Jason