I was piecing together a poem about a streaker getting chased by a policeman (I have no idea why it just came to me) and it got me thinking, At first i couldn't think of a single good reason why nudity is illegal, why indecent exposure is such a crime.

First off, its not like everyone would be walking around naked all the time, in-fact in England most of the time it'd be too cold to think about not wearing clothes. People would choose having choice is all what a free countries about right? Secondly the illegal bit is your midriff exposed, this doesn?t make any sense either because as far as I know everyone?s got a midriff with some sort of sexual organ. Which everyone will have seen themselves at one point or another?

Being open about the body in the first place will have a positive effect on everyone. There are things like going to the doctor with a problem. If everyone was more open about nudity and their own bodies it won't be so hard for people (especially men) to go to the doctor to get himself or herself checked out.

Then my mind went on... (As any gay guys mind would eventually) to a small problem. It would be rather obvious when a man guy boy whatever was aroused. if they see someone they like the look of... get on a bus... or well the body's probably the most unpredictable thing that?s always in a mans life (other than women) so just about anything could set you off. Again at first I could see how this was a good reason to have the indecent exposure laws around, and then decided I was being a tad thick. Firstly as I?ve said the body is unpredictable, it happens to all guys at more or less all times no biggy right? Also if nudity was acceptable then so would a guy popping a boner, it'd just happen and no one would blink twice because everyone would understand how little control guys have over their own cocks.

Well the only REAL problem I could come up with nudity is the slightly over frisky couples you see on busses, trains, park benches, well just about everywhere... well I don't think you really need me to finish off that train of thought.

To absolve myself I think it?d be prudent to point out that I'm not writing this because I want to see more guys naked around town, (although I wouldn't be complaining if that happened) the law just seams irrational to me. Also I WOULDN?T be the first to run around town naked if the laws were abolished?. Too self-conscious for that =D

The biggest argument against nudity is that it offends people who don't want nudity. I would vote for nudity provided I could make an iron-clad rule as to who gets to be nude. (There would be numerous requirements involved, particularly for size and weight.)

Especially this time of year, my partner and I will be driving around town and we'll see some ugly fat guy walking around with his shirt off, and I'll quip, "damn -- I sure wish there were laws against that."

Zac Efron and Chace Crawford would be forbidden to wear clothes anywhere, once I get elected Decider of All Nudity Laws (DANL).

The biggest argument against nudity is that it offends people who don't want nudity.

Zac Efron and Chace Crawford would be forbidden to wear clothes anywhere, once I get elected Decider of All Nudity Laws (DANL).

Well I don't see how you can be offended with the human body as I said that person must've seen it al before???. I imagine its just another thing I?ll never understand

You have my vote. =P

Well maybe putting the laws down would encourage others to loose weight and such like...

Just imagine removing the laws would allow others to get full body tans?..... *gets lost in dream world*

Pecman, you can certainly see where such biased thinking would lead. First you ban corpulent gentlemen from exposure. Then, in the cause of common decency and to protect yourself from the invective of NOW claiming sexist discrimination, you'll include obese women. Then it'll be ugly men and woman. Then women with large, drooping breasts. Absolutely no one wants to see that! Or those, as the case may be.

This all inevitably leads, after a long and arduous trek through customs and cultures, to banning men with undersized appendages, for we all know how embarrassing that would be to those of us who are much better equipped to deal with life in all its vicissitudes; we few proud individuals don't want people drawing the inference that if that guy there strutting through the town park is hung like a chipmunk, perhaps I am, too. Banning therefore would have to be mandatory for anyone not measuring up.

So a panel has to be set up to review and license bodies which can be displayed au naturel. Tables of standards would have to be formulated, and then panels chosen that would have to review each body. Walk around their naked selves with chins propped between index finger and thumb, looking at their subjects and hmmmming a lot.

The whole thing seems unworkable to me. However, I'll volunteer to be on the panel, just as a patriotic gesture.

C

As Cole pointed out, there would be a 'slide' towards more and more clothed people, and eventually there would be laws that insisted that everyone must be clothed. Wait a second, that's what it is now...Go figure.

I worked with a nice young lady, who complained that her family used to go naked swimming, but recently her younger brother, about 13, was refusing to go with them anymore. After a few questions, it was obvious to me that the poor kid was getting aroused, and didn't like being embarrassed like that. I asked her why she'd never thought about that, and she was truly mortified. As is relatively common with those who run around nude a lot, they have stopped thinking about it in sexual ways. Having everyone run around naked would probably make us all a lot less 'hung up' and 'easily aroused'. It is well known that a little bit of clothing is much more attracting (in general) than full nakedness.

I concur with the idea of Nudity For All, (NFA). After all, orangutans don't wear anything.

At least I wouldn't wear anything, except that when I experienced my first summer away from my parents tree, in my own little rented bungalow, I discovered that cooking without protection was dangerous, and I am not talking about just wearing a condom while tossing the stir fry.

Hot oils, fats and other liquids tend to splash from the cooking utensils onto the naked body with rather uncomfortable if not painful results.

Washing the dishes after eating also splashed hot soapy water all over my pubic hairs, making me appear to be enjoying washing the dishes more than I was.

Giving the car a lube job whilst naked probably means more than the car gets lubed and oiled. Do you really want to have to try to soak the sump oil off your stumpy bits in a petrol bath?

Then there is the DIY cabinet you promised to build for the love of your life. Cutting the wood with the circular saw has covered Mr. Woody in sawdust. But the real pain is that when you hammered the panels together, you missed the nail, and your thumb, causing a swelling that does not look at all pleasing or attractive.

"Hello, hello. Is this the emergency elevator service? Can you stop the lift, the delivery boy has his erection caught in the sliding doors."

The plumber's crack has suddenly become the Great Divide.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, there will be a slight pause in the presentation of tonight's movie, while the projectionist unwinds his pee-pee from around the sprocket on the projector."

"The doctor will see you now, the rest of us have already had a good look."

Mass nudity is blamed for the rise in surgeons suddenly finding themselves circumcised.

Sports without a cup? I don't think so. (wrestling naked is fine .) :w00t:

The problem as I see it, is not with clothing itself, but that we have developed a culture of excessive concern with propriety and decorum about covering ourselves. Just look at the history of mankind, (not to mention other current cultures), to see some of the bizarre costumes and "proper" fashionable clothing that has caused people to judge worthiness and worse in others. The idea that decency requires we should be covered in the lower midriff area, is what needs to be overcum, rather than any practical protection of the Happy Zone.

As an aside, the current range of men's clothing has changed little in the past one hundred years. It is about time we had a new look or the real life Star Trek crew is going to look like public servants. Ban the suit and tie!

Bring back the codpiece.

Personally I like the idea of those cute little tunics for men in the ancient Greco-Roman period.

Loin cloths are good, especially when swinging, from tree to tree.

And as Shakespeare noted, "Clothes maketh the man."

Pity he didn't tell us what the clothing maketh man do, as I find some clothing maketh me want to do lots of interesting things.

I vote for nudity even if it is just to annoy the prudes. :blush:

I once proved mathematically that there is an inverse ratio of people who should wear speedo that don't and people who should never wear speedo that do. This is why you are sometimes temporarily struck blind at the beach.

It is called Savik's Speedo Offender Corollary derived from Murphy's Law.

I suspect the anti-nudity laws are there for this reason. People who we wish would run around nude won't and the people that hurt your eyes even with clothes on would.

I worked with a nice young lady, who complained that her family used to go naked swimming, but recently her younger brother, about 13, was refusing to go with them anymore. After a few questions, it was obvious to me that the poor kid was getting aroused, and didn't like being embarrassed like that. I asked her why she'd never thought about that, and she was truly mortified

Yeah, no sane teen wants to be naked around people he's sexually attracted to when there are large numbers of witnesses especially when said witnesses are related.

Frankly, I'd let Pec decide who could and couldn't wear clothes.

Yeah, no sane teen wants to be naked around people he's sexually attracted to when there are large numbers of witnesses especially when said witnesses are related.

Frankly, I'd let Pec decide who could and couldn't wear clothes.

Hey! I volunteered first!

But as to the 13-year-old who didn't want to join the fun, we all remember how embarrassed we were with our bodies and how they functioned back then. I don't think his problem was incipient hard-ons. I think he simply didn't want anyone seeing him naked. I'd guess 98.6% of all boys that age would have exactly the same opinion.

C

Hey! I volunteered first!

But as to the 13-year-old who didn't want to join the fun, we all remember how embarrassed we were with our bodies and how they functioned back then. I don't think his problem was incipient hard-ons. I think he simply didn't want anyone seeing him naked. I'd guess 98.6% of all boys that age would have exactly the same opinion.

C

I distinctly remember wanting everyone's clothes to fall off, from about the age of 9 until I turned 13 when I set about trying to help as many men and boys as I could to take their clothing off. Somehow I lost the interest in the female half of the population.

I do remember getting erections standing in the public bus on the way to highschool, but as far as I know, and despite many of the other sitting passengers looking, my physical state did not cause anyone to lose an eye. :icon9::whistle:

once proved mathematically that there is an inverse ratio of people who should wear speedo that don't and people who should never wear speedo that do.

That's exactly the problem.

Me personally, I work out like a fiend 4 days a week, and even at my advanced age, manage to hold it together. (I'm pleased to report that I finally was able to squeeze into a size-32 jeans this week for the first time in two years.)

But my arguments are really specious. I mean no insult to anybody who wants to be nude for any reason. I think as long as they're doing it in a place where people who don't like nudity won't be offended -- say, a public library or a movie theater -- I'm fine with it. Back yards, private swimming pools, etc. ... that's fine by me.

What about hiking trails in wilderness parks? I've met a number of people dressed in backpack and hiking boots. Indeed, I've done it myself, and the tiniest breeze brings wonderful caresses, stirring the body hairs alluringly, and making my...I'll shut up now. :whistle:

What about hiking trails in wilderness parks? I've met a number of people dressed in backpack and hiking boots. Indeed, I've done it myself, and the tiniest breeze brings wonderful caresses, stirring the body hairs alluringly, and making my...I'll shut up now. :whistle:

And exactly which trails do you hike, Trab?

And when's your next hike sceduled?

C

I was size 28 until my 30s when my body shape re-assorted itself so that I have had to wear size 30 from then until now. I can still wear my hippie low rise jeans as my hips are still the same. :whistle:

I was size 28 until my 30s ... I have had to wear size 30 from then until now.

You're a funny shaped Orangutan!?!

Now, 32 is a good waist size, I think. I'm a 36 and even then some of my trousers are too tight. I really, really, want to lose weight but everything's against me. My doctor says I need to lose two stone.

But my arguments are really specious. I mean no insult to anybody who wants to be nude for any reason. I think as long as they're doing it in a place where people who don't like nudity won't be offended -- say, a public library or a movie theater -- I'm fine with it. Back yards, private swimming pools, etc. ... that's fine by me.

i don't see how 'because it'll offend people' is such a good argument. i mean if you go around there will be many things which offend many people in many ways, but thats never been a good reason to make it illegal (sorry for teh wek agument but i'm just out of an exam and don't feel like coming up with any examples)

plus nudist colonies, nudeist towns and nude beaches all work for people of all ages... so we've proof that the problems are with closed minds not any other good reason

=P i'm all crazy thin atm, ya know the prime of my youth and all that crap. ^_^ so i fit into nice thin jeans..... infact i yhave problems finding waists small enough while having the leggs long enough. =D