The Final Proof

There has been an undercurrent at this website for a long time, an insidious and, dare I say, nefarious undercurrent that suggests in some ways, or even all ways, cats are superior to dogs. While this is an obvious misrepresentation by deluded souls who'd go to any lengths to perpetuate a falsehood, the persistence of this refrain does wear at one and soften his resolve to resist believing the fallacy. One can begin to feel akin to the Little Dutch Boy of myth, the one with the soggy finger.

Now, however, proof has been found to show how silly the opposition's stance is, and to clearly identify the superiority of dogs. Proof positive. Show me a cat that can do this, and I'll eat my hat. If I had a had. Or a taste for serge.

Behold:

http://www.wimp.com/dogpitch/

Watch it to the end if you really want to be impressed.

C

Oh come now, clearly the doggy is just learning the basics. I was surprised that he didn't Bach whilst playing.

For real lovers of music watch this cat, who obviously loves the piano:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TZ860P4iTaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And of course there is that magic moment when genius is recognised by one's professional colleagues.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zeoT66v4EHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clearly the cat is the reincarnation of Meowzart.

Those diaries are priceless! I come from a long line of dog people, though I am a cat person myself. My stepfather used to say that the only men who have cats are queer. And, I wanted to ask, "And your point is?"

The best description I have heard of the differences between dogs and cats is that dogs think you're God. Cat's think they're God.

My cats knew who was boss, me. Until one of them pissed either on the couch or my bed.........

That's nothing, there's nothing quite like waking up to a fur-ball on the pillow inches away from your nose; or jumping out of bed, only to step into kitty poo and watching it ooze between your toes, whilst the cat looks at you with the cutest, "I'm sorry you don't like my gifts," look, on its face.

And how does a cat lover respond to those things; by apologising to the cat for being late with its breakfast.

As a anti-authoritarian I just love the independent aloofness of most cats. You never know when they are going to relent and smooch you. Reminds me of my boyfriends.

In the nineties, I had two cats, Oedipus and Antigone (pronounced "an-TI-go-NEE). I had read Oedipus Rex in high school and always thought Oedipus would be great name for a cat. When a friend had kittens (his cat, not him), he offered me two and since they were brother and sister, I had to name the female Antigone, even though in the plays she was the king's daughter not sister. Anyway.... Oedipus was very aloof and loved to wander. Antigone was aloof, as well, until one day Oedipus disappeared. I was very upset and, strangely, Antigone suddenly began to develop a personality. She would get on my shoulders when I was working on my computer, or insist that I hold her on my chest with her head and front paws resting on my shoulder. She would occasionally rub her chin against mine. She was also very intelligent and would sit in front of my old answering machine, hit the button and listen to my messages. She also hated toys. I would buy her all sorts of things to play with, but they would sit on the floor unused. However, wad up a piece of paper, and she would play soccer for hours. She was a cool cat. I miss her greatly.

Yes, I had a cat who was so affectionate, we'd play a game: I could put her face right next to mine, and she would playfully bite my nose -- light enough that you'd feel almost nothing. She knew exactly how to play the game, she never hurt me, and I'd laugh and blow air in her face.

There are very, very few cats I'd be willing to put my face right next to. Even the nice ones will reach out and slash you, when you least expect it.

Of all the animals I've know, I loved this cat the most. She loved my partner and I so much, she'd be almost frantic if we left town for a vacation for a few days (even when we had somebody watching the house and feeding her). I still occasionally think about her and miss her very much -- just a terrific companion for many years.

That is very much like our King Kong. He was a black cat with a white 'nappy' in his groin. He treated both of us as if we were his equal; he wasn't a pet, he was part of our lives. He had a mind of his own, and would sometime wake up and race across the room, jump up onto which one of us was sitting in a chair, and then stand on his hind legs and head but us, or curl up on our lap. Emergency cuddles were common from him. We miss him very much.

I have always loved cats and they seem to love me. Problem is, they never seem to live long enough... guess that's also true of dogs. I have five sets of ashes in a cabinet over the refrigerator and a friend has instructions to spread their ashes along with mine when the time comes.

After losing five beloved family members since 2006 - four in Malaysia alone - I keep my four children safe in my apartment. I live in an apartment complex with a lot of old women, among the most hateful people I have ever met. I wouldn't let the kids anywhere near these witches.

I still keep a part of the AwesomeDude web site to remember my lost ones. http://www.awesomedude.com/rogercat

I have nothing against dogs... but it's just as the sign over my door says. "Cats Welcome - Dogs by Appointment Only"

Mike

Luckily, our two mousers are barn cats that never venture into the house. We spent the night in the hayloft a couple of nights ago, and Fritz... Paco's German Sheppard, was surprised after finally settling in for the night, being pounced on by one of those sets of creepy eyes from the rafters above, before the apperition slithered down the chute to the lower level. Fritz could only whimper and snuggle closer to us.

• 1 month later...

I began this thread in an attempt to prove to the world the superiority of dogs over their feline underlings. Now, to my raging disgust, someone, quite obviously motivated by my original premise, has had the temerity to offer a rebuttal. This is obvious nonsense, but to show my fairmindedness, I here present it for your viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyXJ1sAQtaY