Dude's Picks

dude

First of all, let me tell you that I've finally landed at a place I can call home after bouncing around from place to place for nearly a year after breaking my hip on 9/11 last year!  I appreciate all your expressions of concern over my health and your good wishes .  With my life now much stabilized, I feel comfortable moving forward with doing some of the things I've wanted to do for a while at AwesomeDude.

For many years Dude's Picks from the Past has been an integral part of our site.  In fact it's right up and front and center on our home page.  There are many, many great stories at AwesomeDude that have never been read by many of our readers, even some of you who have been with us for several years.  Dude's Picks from the Past was designed to bring attention to those stories and improve newer readers' enjoyment of the site.

Now that I'm settling into my new home, I'll be adding a new AD Forum in which I'll further curate the Picks List by posting thumbnails of each Pick for the current month to give you a better idea of what the story is about and why I've added it to the list.  

To begin with, we'll continue our current practice of choosing three novels and four short stories to feature, but that may be expanded as we go along.  All this will begin on the US Labor Day weekend, Saturday September 2nd. 

Readers who would like to recommend will be able to nominate a favorite story from the past to be shared with other AD readers by emailing me.

As we approach our 20th anniversary next Spring we have hundreds of great stories I'm sure you'd like to read.  I hope this new feature will help us bring them to your attention.

Thanks,

Mike

Glad to hear you're back in business. I was really worried about you for a while. I've cared for a number of people with hip fractures, including my wife, and am all too aware of how serious they can be. In the meantime, I've been very busy writing new stories and will have another one ready to post shortly. I look forward to reading more of your picks.

OK, as promised here is the new address for authors/readers to submit suggestions for future Dude's Picks from the past.  Just send it along to picks@awesomedude.com and we'll consider it.  There are so many good stories on the site.  let me know which ones you'd like t see featured again.

Thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Great to hear

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2023 at 12:18 PM, dude said:

OK, as promised here is the new address for authors/readers to submit suggestions for future Dude's Picks from the past.  Just send it along to picks@awesomedude.com and we'll consider it.  There are so many good stories on the site.  let me know which ones you'd like t see featured again.

Thanks

Mike

My apologies for not updating the address for submitting suggestions for Dude's Picks. I've now set up a new address: awesomedudepicks@writetome.net

If you sent suggestions to the old address, they were not acted on. Please send them again to the new address. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On Wednesday 1 November I'll revert to using the Dude's Picks section of the home page for its intended purpose. Since the picks for October were displaced, I'll repeat them for November.

~ John