Teammates by Cynus

Guest Dabeagle

I can see them developing into a totally independent Sanitaria Springs story line, with a most interesting future. Looking forward to reading more.

I'm interested in seeing how it goes between Logan and his team mates as Seth becomes more a part of the picture.

They accept him as their friends close buddy but boyfriend? I have seen those sorts of things go badly wrong.

Aside: I have been thinking about how as writers how much of what we write is wish fulfillment vs reality and how much our own experience can poison our views. I know what I would like to see happen for Logan & Seth versus what experience tells me.

Guest Dabeagle

I'm interested in seeing how it goes between Logan and his team mates as Seth becomes more a part of the picture.

They accept him as their friends close buddy but boyfriend? I have seen those sorts of things go badly wrong.

Aside: I have been thinking about how as writers how much of what we write is wish fulfillment vs reality and how much our own experience can poison our views. I know what I would like to see happen for Logan & Seth versus what experience tells me.

The nice thing about Sanitartia Springs is that we can write things closer to what they ought to be. It's not a perfect town but it does allow us to explore a place where they have learned from some of their mistakes and we can make our characters more equal as opposed to tolerated.

The interesting thing about this particular point is that I think a story that touches on that might come into play. The thing I don't know yet is how those friends will react. Some of them have distinct personalities already, based off of other things I've written, and others don't. I'll discover how they think and feel only if and when I write them, and then they may surprise me.

I like letting my characters direct what's going to happen to them. The last two parts with Seth and Logan are proof of that, considering they were never supposed to happen. :)

The most exciting stories to write are those where the characters take over. The likelihood of that occurring increases greatly as the stories become connected and build upon one another. The best story series are those where the characters change and grow right before your eyes, sometimes in directions even the writer had not envisioned.

I'd be willing to imagine that the whole team already knows, anyway, especially if they've all been trying to imagine what could have had Logan so distracted for so long. It doesn't take too long to formulate a logical conclusion based on the visible evidence.

Besides, for all we know, Tyler and Jordan may already be more than just 'twins' themselves.

(What else would you expect in this town? conga%5B1%5D.gif )

It might be why they were all able to be so close when they were younger, and why they felt such a strong urge to reach out to Logan and bring him back to the family.

I still do sort of prefer Logan and Seth as best friends, though, and the dynamic between them was already so strong, it didn't seem like it really needed the added drama of a relationship, so it will be interesting to see where this newly expressed romance goes.

I still do sort of prefer Logan and Seth as best friends, though, and the dynamic between them was already so strong, it didn't seem like it really needed the added drama of a relationship, so it will be interesting to see where this newly expressed romance goes.

I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen. They have minds of their own, and I can never predict how either of them is going to behave. Sometimes, I think that they're going to pursue those feelings, and sometimes I think they can be friends forever. These two are a complete roller coaster for me to write.

From personal experience I can say that being bi can be very lonely and frustrating, because you are always viewed as somewhat tainted by others closer to one of the ends of the spectrum. I never really thought about the possibilities when two bi people got together. From the evidence so far I'm not really convinced of the bi-ness of either Logan or Seth. At best they seem like maybe 70-30 or 80-20 on the preference scale. But then again they're pretty young. I didn't even begin to get a handle on my situation until I was a college freshman.

Anyway, an interesting journey.

R

But then again they're pretty young. I didn't even begin to get a handle on my situation until I was a college freshman.

I think this is an extraordinarily important observation. There are so many variables that cloud the perception of one's sexuality during the early teen years, including the pressure cooker producing one's personal hormone stew, the social disaster that is public schooling, and the inability to achieve reasoned enlightenment and insight and self-determination until the brain catches up with the body's abilities. I am not saying that college freshmen are that much more advanced, but at least they have the benefit of a few more years of maturity.

When choosing to make Seth bisexual, he was modeled after my own attractions. I knew at his age that I was into both, though I didn't come to the realization of what that actually meant until later in life. In my sheltered Mormon upbringing I didn't even know bisexuality was a thing. But I did know I liked both. Seth is a bit more cultured than I was as a kid, and with how Logan and Seth actually became friends, Seth was forced to look critically at who he was for a short time. after weighing the knowledge he had, he came to that conclusion on his sexuality.

But he's a kid. He might change, who knows?

Logan hasn't stated a sexuality so far, only that "He's not gay" back in Another Day In Parodyse, which we now know he carries at least a little bit of attraction for his own gender. I'm not certain Logan will ever settle on a label(Even though I know what he is) And I think that he'll probably have a bit of confusion on that as time goes on. All I know for certain is that Seth and Logan have deep amounts of feeling for each other.

What develops out of that feeling? I'm still waiting for them to show me where that path ends. :)