Tectonic Shift?

Has there been a massive tectonic shift in the distribution of the continental masses whilst I was not looking? Just looked at the listing for the Eurovision Song Contest, the annual camp get together we have in Europe every year. Last year won by a bearded drag artist! What surprised me was to see that Australia have been invited to join this year, not only that but they are tipped to win. How long have they been part of Europe?

I don't have my world globe handy, but just as digging straight down from the United States is supposed to land you in China, isn't it possible to dig straight down from somewhere in Europe and hit Australia?

Australia was largely settled by Europeans, originally British, but with a big influx of Italians and Greeks after WW2.

I doubt Guy Sebastian (the Australian entry) will win, mainly because of the way the voting is set up. There are groups of nations that tend to work together in the voting and that will work against Australia.

Australia was largely settled by Europeans, originally British, but with a big influx of Italians and Greeks after WW2.

I doubt Guy Sebastian (the Australian entry) will win, mainly because of the way the voting is set up. There are groups of nations that tend to work together in the voting and that will work against Australia.

Sounds like someone's making excuses already. :icon_thumleft:

South Australia was not a penal colony, the other states were. South Australians used to be a bit snobbish about that.

As for earthquakes and tectonic shifts, we haven't had any of those for sometime. That is probably due to our Prime Minister stalling on marriage equality.

(yes I'm being sarcastic.)

We are a multicultural society (of primates), so if Europe wants to invite us it's okay with us.

Our entry, Guy Sebastian is from South Australia, but he was born in Klang, Malaysia.

Guy didn't win but he did place Australia at Number 5, which is great.