Fearless by Cynus

Having recently finished 'From the Cup of the Worthless' it is a delight to see another Cynus story appearing on AD. Cynus is an amazing storyteller, so one thing which we can be certain is that this is going to be a good tale. What is interesting about this story from Cynus is that he has adopted a voice and perspective very different from that which we saw in 'From the Cup of the Worthless'. This hints at a very different type of story, and one I suspect will be full of self irony.

It is going to be interesting to see where this goes and I look forward to reading the rest of it as it is published.

Having recently finished 'From the Cup of the Worthless' it is a delight to see another Cynus story appearing on AD. Cynus is an amazing storyteller, so one thing which we can be certain is that this is going to be a good tale. What is interesting about this story from Cynus is that he has adopted a voice and perspective very different from that which we saw in 'From the Cup of the Worthless'. This hints at a very different type of story, and one I suspect will be full of self irony.

It is going to be interesting to see where this goes and I look forward to reading the rest of it as it is published.

Thanks, Nigel. Yes, this is definitely a different voice than any I've ever written in before, but Clint demanded it of me. I'd say this book is a rather Freudian representation of me, since Clint meshes so well with my inner child. :)

Great start.

It made me laugh a good couple of times!

I like the way Clint acts, thinks...

You got me to follow this one!

Laughter was what I was going for, so I'm glad it caused a few laughs. :) I'm glad you're following, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on later chapters!

This is an enjoyable story with some very real characters. They seem complicated - almost like, you know, people! I think if I could walk the halls of my high school once more I'd spot every one of them, and wonder what mischief they were up to. Very well written and fun to read.

And Sheila is an interesting manifestation of the bully. There was nothing like her in my high school years. I think there will be some interesting episodes with her.

A wonderful and enjoyable start. I'll be anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

The different perspective/style wasn't intentional at first. I was trying to write in first person past-tense but Clint had other ideas. I suppose his ability to live in the moment had something to do with that. I hope you continue to enjoy it as the story progresses.

Great start.

It made me laugh a good couple of times!

I like the way Clint acts, thinks...

You got me to follow this one!

Yay! Chapter 1 was supposed to be funny, so I'm happy to hear it had the desired effect. :)

This is an enjoyable story with some very real characters. They seem complicated - almost like, you know, people! I think if I could walk the halls of my high school once more I'd spot every one of them, and wonder what mischief they were up to. Very well written and fun to read.

Thanks, Chris. :) I hope all my stories eventually live up to that praise. I've always tried to make the characters my focus, and I think it paid off in this story.

Talk about someone not taking any crap from anyone.

Clint is kind of fearless, isn't he? :P

And Sheila is an interesting manifestation of the bully. There was nothing like her in my high school years. I think there will be some interesting episodes with her.

A wonderful and enjoyable start. I'll be anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

And I look forward to hearing from you as it continues. I don't know if Sheila represents anyone I've known in the past. I wasn't really planning on her being in this story at all, but as I wrote that chapter it was as if a flashing neon sign appeared which read: "Insert Bully Here". Thus, Sheila was born.

Chapter 4.

Cliff hangers.

Should be forbidden.

Still brilliant story though....

:-)

I love my cliffhangers. Perhaps it's my love of things forbidden? :P

You have truly caught the style of twins I've known - they do communicate on a completely different plane than us mere mortals. A very fun story thus far.

I grew up surrounded by twins. My whole life has been a character study. I'm glad you're still enjoying it. :D

• 1 month later...

So there I was last night, thinking that even though I prefer to wait for stories to be complete before reading them, I'll just take a quick look at the first few paragraphs before heading off to bed.

Suddenly, I reached the end of Chapter 10, I realized it was way, way past my bedtime, and I was going to pay for it. Which I did.

But was it ever worth it! Excellent story so far. I look forward to more.

So there I was last night, thinking that even though I prefer to wait for stories to be complete before reading them, I'll just take a quick look at the first few paragraphs before heading off to bed.

Suddenly, I reached the end of Chapter 10, I realized it was way, way past my bedtime, and I was going to pay for it. Which I did.

But was it ever worth it! Excellent story so far. I look forward to more.

Excellent story! Very nicely done. One of those stories that you want to re-read after a bit of time goes by.

Thanks for writing it, Cynus

This post just made my day. Thanks, Gee!

...and sometimes fiction succeeds in being stranger than truth! A well-told tale with a twisted, demented, and wonderful conclusion A great treat indeed. Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you for reading it. :) I'm glad you liked it! There's a sequel in the works, and it should begin posting soon.

Nice story, with a good plot.

And a good laugh!

Thank you!

Thank you! :) Glad you enjoyed it. I was hoping people would laugh.