The Boy on the Plane by Cole Parker

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I adore pecan pie. I can't say for certain, but George III (and those at the Boston tea party) would probably have adored pecan pie, too.

'No taxation repression without representation!'

Daniel's dad has Robin's back! 🤞

PS I'm much looking forward to the recipe appendix. :wav:

Please thank Daniel for the meatloaf and pecan pie recipes, Cole.

HOWEVER: -

1) Cups. Over here Cup size is what women buy bras in, not a unit of measurement for scrumptious baked goods. We use grams. There are cup to gram conversion charts, but apparently it depends on what you're measuring. What?! Why?
Here's the best one I found:
https://www.allrecipes.com/article/cup-to-gram-conversions/
2) Pecan meats? I went blank thinking of pecans thundering over the plains alongside their friends, the bison. Nuts!
3) Karo syrup. Corn syrup is banned over here. Luckily, surprise surprise, Amazon have it!

I'll have a go at the meatloaf, first, then build up to pecan pie. Yum.

</thread hijack>

The gram equivalents seem right.  A pound is 454 grams.  At least it was when I was in school in the middle of last century, and I doubt it's changed much since then. 

The oz. equivalents are way, way off.  One cup equals 8 ounces.  I have no idea how they came up with what they did.  But, I'd totally ignore their oz. amounts.  Use them and you'll be scratching your head with the results.

C

Chapter 7

In which Robin gets flat-packed furniture, new clothes and a scrumptious dinner. Lucky Robin. 

Unfortunately, it ends before the court case . <glare> Oh, how could you, Cole?! </glare>

Now I'm all bumfuzzled, and on tenterhooks until Saturday.

PS I still have a hugging deficit. The cat isn't keen... I knew I shouldn't have got her that scratching post.

I put together 23 IKEA full-height bookcases when we moved into a new house some years ago.  That was an experience.  We've since moved into a much smaller place and gotten rid of all but a few of those bookcases.

Re hugging:  I remember reading somewhere about some kind of study where babies who did not receive holding and cuddling in their early months would actually sicken and die.  Don't know where to find that study now.

R

Chapter 9

A new house and a delightful puppy! Robin is one lucky chap. Not to mention Daniel with his parents' expandable wallet. They should think about a nice holiday cottage in Wales, too.

So, the sun is shining and all seems rosy in the garden... hmm. Methinks a turning point approaches.

A good chapter, Cole! :w00t: