The Boy on the Plane by Cole Parker

5 hours ago, Altimexis said:

I was left scratching my head. Rutabaga was left scratching his head. How many others with itchy heads are out there?

Okay, I’ll get down from my soapbox now.  

I should really let Rutabaga speak for himself, but as I read his post he was simply saying he was confused because he had already read Chapter 14 when it was posted as Chapter 13.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I find disturbing about the multiple first-person narration is that Cole is capable of misuse that to pull a cliff hanger over the  next chapter to the one after that.

Make that annoying.

I want to know about the interview between Robin and Daryl!

Well done Cole, really well done. I like what you do here. I am using the word "annoying" with joy! 🙂

11 hours ago, Oliver said:

What I find disturbing about the multiple first-person narration is that Cole is capable of misuse that to pull a cliff hanger over the  next chapter to the one after that.

Make that annoying.

I want to know about the interview between Robin and Daryl!

Well done Cole, really well done. I like what you do here. I am using the word "annoying" with joy! 🙂

It's fun to try things I haven't seen done before and then stretch them to the max.  Hey, writers should have some fun, doing all this.  The toil wouldn't be wroth it if it weren't fun.

C

Well, the master of suspense has given us a double dose this time. I was already on tenterhooks from chapter 17, and after chapter 18 I'm now on double tenterhooks! How will I endure the near-eternity of waiting, a whole four days, until chapter 19 is published?

And back down from my soapbox, I'm glad that Christmas has been a time of goodwill and understanding for our protagonists.

Not to worry: we're all human, and I certainly don't expect perfection. You're doing a lot better than many other writers, including some who are paid for it. Also, I'm doubtful that fewer words necessarily means fewer mistakes; I suspect instead that approach leads to more contorted prose which is harder to edit and understand. 

Well done to Foster, for a neat solution - I am de-tenterhooked at last :)

Many thanks to Cole for a lovely story well told. I'm rather fond of the characters, and I'd like to know more about how their lives develop, but in the absence of a sequel I'll assume a modern-day version of "and they all lived happily ever after".

I've been so busy that I fell behind keeping up with the new posts.  Imagine my surprise when I saw "The End."

As always, communication (or the lack thereof) leads to misunderstandings and disappointment.  Glad that things got cleared up in the end.

And it sounds like Becca and Terry may carry out some of what their play referred to.

R