HEATH IS IN HELL

Phelps said in TR's link above:

"Australia, land of the sodomite, damned"

I may have further comment when I have stopped rolling around the floor in laughter.

Ahh, Yes recovering....... :confused:

Right now where was I? Oh yes... :wav: land of the sodomite, damned :wav:

Does Phelps get paid as a stand-up comic?

Sorry, he just is so preposterous, so ludicrous that I can't stop laughing.

Seriously folks this man is in his own personal hell of his own making, right here on Earth.

It must be terrible for him to live in fear of, the attack of the sodomites from Australia.

:wav:

I suspect Heath was in his own hell, and is now released into whatever the afterlife is. I hope he finds life is better there than here.

I think Phelps is in his very own cramped, fearful little hell. One day, I think he'll wake up somewhere else, to discover he was (and is) listening to the wrong one. I wonder if, for someone like that, true freedom and unconditional love would be the worst hell he could face as punishment.

Here's hoping that others see a better way.

One day Fred Phelps dies and finds himself in hell. As he is wallowing in despair he has his first meeting with the devil.

Devil: Why so glum, chum?

Phelps: What do you think? I'm in hell. I should be in heavan, at the right hand of God! How'd I get in such a horrible place? It must be some mistake. Oh, this is awful...

Devil: Hey, hell's not so bad. We actually have a lot of fun down here. You a drinkin' man?

Phelps: Sure, I love to drink.

Devil: Well you're gonna love Mondays then. On Mondays That's all we do is drink. Whiskey, tequila, Guinness, wine coolers, rum, wine, champagne, anything you want, all the very best labels. We drink till we throw up and then we drink some more.

Phelps: Gee, that sounds great.

Devil: You a smoker?

Phelps: You better believe it.

Devil: Alright! You're gonna love Tuesdays. We get the finest cigars from all over the world and smoke our lungs out. If you get cancer, no biggie -- you're already dead, remember?

Phelps: Wow. That's awesome.

Devil: I bet you like to gamble.

Phelps: Why yes, as a matter of fact I do.

Devil: Cause Wednesday you can gamble all you want. Craps, Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, Slots, whatever. If you go bankrupt, well, you're dead anyhow.

Devil: You into drugs?

Phelps: Are you kidding? I love drugs. You don't mean....

Devil: That's right Thursday is drug day. Help yourself to a great big bowl of crack or smack. Smoke a doobie the size of a submarine. You can do all the drugs you want and if ya overdose -- that's alright -- you're dead, who cares? O.D.!!

Phelps: Yowza!! I never realized Hell was such a swingin' place.

Devil: You gay?

Phelps: No! Of course not! I inventd "God Hates Fags" and....

Devil: Ooooh (grimaces), Guess you're really gonna hate Fridays....

-----------------------------------------------

Colin :wav:

I have no idea why, but I thought Phelps had died recently. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

TR's link to the Phelps YouTube 'piece' on Heath Ledger is the first time I've seen him speak, and it struck me that if you look, really look at him: he's a sad, hatefilled and obviously twisted individual. It's all there in his face.

So I went to look at wikipedia which said there were between 70 and 150 members of his 'church'. Why is it then that he seems to have such a profound effect on us? Why is it he can rattle our cage so easily?

The only good thing about Phelps, is that his continued presence means we still have freedom of speech.

The Bottom line: Methinks he protesteth too much!

Camy

Phelps actually wanted to protest at the funeral for of a Marine who I went to highschool and was friends with. Kid was only 20. They ended up not protesting becuase the local police threatened to arrest them for assembling with a permit. I'm from one of the most liberal states in the country, but I'd very much like to believe that Phelps and his cult are in the minority on their feelings about people and issues.

I'm from one of the most liberal states in the country, but I'd very much like to believe that Phelps and his cult are in the minority on their feelings about people and issues.

I had a chance to chat for about an hour with the Reverend Mel White, founder of Soulforce, a couple weeks ago. He is also the guy who ghost-wrote Jerry Falwell's autobiography.

And while we'd like to dismiss Jerry Falwell, Pat Roberton, Fred Phelps, James Kennedy and James Dobson as phonies... Rev White insists they all truly believe what they preach and influence a lot of people. And while Phelps gets lots of media attention for picketing funerals of US Servicemen (He started back in 1998 with the funeral of Matthew Shepard, the murdered gay college kid in Wyoming) (Falwell and Kennedy are recently dead)... Roberton, Dobson and their ilk still wield a lot of social and political influence in the U.S. Falwell and his Moral Majority were credited with bringing Ronald Reagan to power in 1980. And look at the popularity of Mike Huckabee - ordained Southern Baptist Minister, former governor of Arkansas and arch homophobe... he's in the top three in every GOP presidential primary/caucus.

These people are a threat to the LGBT citizens of the United States and in the possible position of President of the United States, a potential danger to the entire world!

No... don't relegate them to minority status just yet, they currently hold the White House and until recently, both houses of Congress. That is one of the reasons I have put off my decision to return to the US for another year. It just ain't the same place I was born and raised.