Jamie is da man

Prima Donna - in your dreams impressario :evilgrin: . Jamie really do impress me today - letting Jaime stand up for himself. I love it :happy: . Jamie is no more sweet little boy anymore. He's not only bright but cunning too. I'm looking forward to the upcoming chapters.

Ratatosk

The current chapter is good, but the last chapter moved me more. ;-)

As the audience at La Mondele Royale, I wanted to shout "Bravo!". Thanks to Jamie for writing on the scrolls again. As an addicted reader there are two hard weekends and then one of joy. :-p But I can cope, I think...

Regards,

Daniel

As I told Jamie, this chapter was nice little breather after the exciting chapters he's given up leading up to this point. I also think that now that he's getting Castor back with him, other things are going to start taking off.

Well done, Jamie.

Jamie is exactly where he wanted to be, he's with the senior troupe now. This is where his friends are. He's also gathering others around him, Giovanni, who we found out earlier to be Charlies mate. Not long ago, Castor made a sudden reappearance. As I discovered in my proofreading of Book 1, Castor still has an important part to play. His first appearance in the story I believe was in Phillipe's story.

Jamie's also left us with a very important key word, 'slave'.

Hm... Keyword? That the "avionnes" are better slaves in gilded cages is obvious. But your words hint at more. Me wanna know! *stomps with foot* :-p

As for the characters, I think I've got some problems getting them all right, especially characters that were mentioned somewhere in book 1. Guess I have to reread. Or is there a fan, who's willing and able to write a who is who on the scrolls? ;-)

During Jamie's meeting, he used the word 'slave' several times. The Icarian's are treated a little better than the Kalorians are. Remember when Jamie first arrived at the Mondele, he was told NOT to speak to them. We also learned in this part some of the history of the Kalorians, there were treated as nothing more than slave labor. And yes, there was a few rebellions.

The Icarians at the Mondele are treated a little better than the Kalorians. They are also being trained in the arts/entertainment to serve the rest of the population. It was the same for the Gladiators, they were trained to entertain. Look at the theatrics of Miro and David that we've seen.

We met Castor earlier in this part. However, this was not the first time we saw him. During Phillipe's story, he talks about the 'Night of Flight'. During my pleasant work for Jamie, I rediscovered a reference to an old man who told them to make sure Jamie got to safety. He wasn't named, but that old man was Castor.

There are lots of hidden tidbits throughout this story and that was one of them.

When it comes to Giovanni, we first met him in Book 1, Part 4. Jamie meets him for the first time in this part. We first learn of Christophe in Part 4 and we get to meet him in this part. It's the same with Charlie, we meet him in Part 4 and find out more about him in this part.

So I think 'slave' is the key to what's to come.

I'm sure Jamie will get a kick out of this.

As for the characters, I think I've got some problems getting them all right, especially characters that were mentioned somewhere in book 1. Guess I have to reread. Or is there a fan, who's willing and able to write a who is who on the scrolls? ;-)

I guess reading the story as many times as I have, and talking about it with Jamie, and some readers, I probably know the story almost as well as he does.

I think to work on a list of characters would be a major undertaking for anyone. We've been introduced to a lot of characters in this journey. Some have had minor, but important parts. Some have died.

Special Note: Jamie does come by and reads our comments. He doesn't always comment. He would rather WE the readers discuss it. And if it's one thing I love to do is discuss this story with others.

I'm going thru this story yet again. Keep finding things I missed before.

Like this pax pas from chapter 49, about halfway:

Quickly slipping on the sandals and securing the cape, Giovanni headed for the door, moving ahead of Charles and the other red and black angel.

Then there is this near the end of the same chapter:

Yet here I stood before the Council of Houses in my short tunic, worn thin and soiled during my hasty journey to the abbey, ripped and torn from my rescue of Jonathan, and spotted with blood from the bonding ceremony. I noticed the cold marble floor against the soles of my feet, and realized that Charles and Nic had taken me from my salon so quickly that I?d never even put on my sandals. Now I stood, as the Wizard of Icaria, barefoot, dressed in torn and dirty clothes before those I?d been commanded to govern.

A little oopsie perhaps?

Still a great read. :icon6:

It's so, so easy to make that kind of oops when you're writing. For all you know, those two places were written far apart in time, and other things had been written between them.

Or the writer was thinking of something else entirely, and just slipped up.

I try desperately hard not to do things like that, yet still do. If you're writing a lot of words, I think it's impossible not to have a few of those. It really doesn't say anything about the quality of the writing.

C

Continuity is a pain. We discussed it in a thread here recently.

In anything as big or ambitious as the Scrolls, it's amazing to keep it together.

TSOI is on track to being as big and epic as the Lord of the Rings.

I say we get Peter Jackson and a bunch of Icarians hotties and shoot it!

Even I missed that one. One thing that I have noticed, the more you read it, the more you find something that you missed. An example of that is in another post of mine concerning Castor.

We'll have something new from Jamie soon. He's worked on an FAQ that Mike will be posting for us. It will cover a situation like this. He explains the editing process that he and AJ go thru.

Continuity is a pain. We discussed it in a thread here recently.

In anything as big or ambitious as the Scrolls, it's amazing to keep it together.

TSOI is on track to being as big and epic as the Lord of the Rings.

I say we get Peter Jackson and a bunch of Icarians hotties and shoot it!

I will be only too happy to audition the hotties for Mr. Jackason. :icon6:

I'm going thru this story yet again. Keep finding things I missed before.

Like this pax pas from chapter 49, about halfway:

Quickly slipping on the sandals and securing the cape, Giovanni headed for the door, moving ahead of Charles and the other red and black angel.

Then there is this near the end of the same chapter:

Yet here I stood before the Council of Houses in my short tunic, worn thin and soiled during my hasty journey to the abbey, ripped and torn from my rescue of Jonathan, and spotted with blood from the bonding ceremony. I noticed the cold marble floor against the soles of my feet, and realized that Charles and Nic had taken me from my salon so quickly that I?d never even put on my sandals. Now I stood, as the Wizard of Icaria, barefoot, dressed in torn and dirty clothes before those I?d been commanded to govern.

A little oopsie perhaps?

Still a great read. :icon6:

Actually, Jeff, there is no pax pas. It was not Jamie who put the sandals and cape on. It was Giovanni who put them on.

?Here,? Charles said, turning to Giovanni and handing him a pair of exquisite sandals that I hadn?t noticed he was carrying in his voluminous sleeves. ?And don?t forget this,? he added, turning to the red and black angel and securing from him a beautifully embroidered white and gold cape that Charles also handed to the Giovanni.

NOTICE HE HANDS THE CAPE AND SANDALS TO GIOVANNI NOT JAMIE.

Quickly slipping on the sandals and securing the cape, Giovanni headed for the door, moving ahead of Charles and the other red and black angel. Pausing at the door, Charles turned and spoke to Zakaria and his officers who, along with Lance and David, seemed to be preparing to accompany us.

NOTICE GIOVANNI SLIPS ON THE SANDALS AND HEADS FOR THE DOOR. AT NO POINT IN TIME DOES JAMIE PUT ON ANYTHING. HE IS STILL A MESS FROM STORMING THE ABBEY AND THE CEREMONY WITH THE HIS PERSONAL ARMY WHERE BLOOD WAS DRAWN. HIS SANDALS WERE REMOVED WHEN THEY BROUGHT HIM TO RECOVER. HE NEVER PUT THEM BACK ON.

Later, when he fights Hippolito, he ends up wearing nothing but his small clothes and is later wrapped in Hippolito's discarded robe.

And thanks for the clarification, Jamie.

• 3 weeks later...
Or is there a fan, who's willing and able to write a who is who on the scrolls? ;-)
I think to work on a list of characters would be a major undertaking for anyone. We've been introduced to a lot of characters in this journey. Some have had minor, but important parts. Some have died.

After three long weeks, I've finally gotten a list done. I've sent it to Jamie to look at. I've kept him updated on it. Believe it or not, I've come up with close to 180 names. In chatting with Jamie, even he was surprised to find out the list is this big. Most of the names can be found in book 1. The list will be appearing soon. Due to the length of the list, I'll be breaking it up into three segments.

And thanks to Book 2, Chapter 28, we now have more of a list of the Gahdar Duet's.

• 3 weeks later...

First let me begin by saying, Happy Birthday, Jamie and Charlie. It's been 3 stories years since we last since we last had a celebration.

That was a beautiful performance done by the Trio and Jamie for the Gahdar Duets. This appearance marks the first time that Nic has seen Jamie in a few years. The downer was the appearance of Prince Hippolito, at least in my opinion.

I had my suspicions about the headaches Jamie was experiencing. But I didn't expect it to be The Screen.

First let me begin by saying, Happy Birthday, Jamie and Charlie. It's been 3 stories years since we last since we last had a celebration.

That was a beautiful performance done by the Trio and Jamie for the Gahdar Duets. This appearance marks the first time that Nic has seen Jamie in a few years. The downer was the appearance of Prince Hippolito, at least in my opinion.

I had my suspicions about the headaches Jamie was experiencing. But I didn't expect it to be The Screen.

Wonderfully put, TalonRider. The dance scene was truly magical and The Screen was a real surprise but so many interesting posibilities arise from the awareness of its existence.

I think the next time that we see Jamie and Nic together, it will be in the scene described in "The Golden Orb," where they are talking about that first meeting in the Gahdar barracks.

When I first read about the headaches that Jamie was having, my thoughts went straight to Croal and what has he done. I was a bit surprised to see The Screen pop up, too. And now we know where the book came from that Charles insisted that Jamie take. It was more or less his instruction manual that he wrote himself.

Not that this is a spoiler, but there aren't many chapters left before the end of this section, "Prince of Mondele Royale". Once we reach the end, Jamie will go to a weekly posting of the next interlude before reverting back to the regular schedule with "Baron of Rood."

• 3 weeks later...

I have always been a fan of The Scrolls, back to 2004 (I think) when it was first published here.

As I re-read some of the older chapters, it dawned on me that this story is a bloodbath in the making.

The particularly gruesome death of Luc and the untimely death of Damien were pretty devastating for me. Especially since I really like Luc. I think I remonstrated to Jamie about their deaths, but I forgot his response.

Overall this one is a gem...

Although, I shudder to think who is going to die next & in what manner.

The particularly gruesome death of Luc and the untimely death of Damien were pretty devastating for me. Especially since I really like Luc. I think I remonstrated to Jamie about their deaths, but I forgot his response.

Overall this one is a gem...

Although, I shudder to think who is going to die next & in what manner.

This is something that Jamie and I have talked about in the past. In fact, he and I spoke a little about it today. One thing to remember, Luc's death happened for a reason. We don't know the full story behind it yet, and knowing Jamie, we will. If I remember correctly, we do know at this time that Luc stood up to the Knights of Sarjanus. He wasn't going to return to a life of slavery.

Then we have the Thrones that invaded Gunter Platz and everyone and everything was destroyed. Then we have Miro, leading the Gahdar, into a battle where lots of Throne were killed. Not to forget the Duet that was sent in to kill the Thrones in the palace while they slept. We also have Nic waiting to do battle with Loren's Thrones. All this in the name of war.

Of all the deaths so far, Damian's was the only one not committed by a human hand. His death was purely accidental when the tower came crashing down.

We do know of one death that is going to occur and it will happen as The Circle of Ondra. Will it be Loren, or will it be Jamie? Only time will tell.

I mentioned earlier that I spoke with Jamie today. Jamie is currently in the states on business for a couple of weeks so we made arrangements to meet in person. It was a very pleasurable three hours together. I'd say we spent about 90% of the time talking Scrolls. Jamie was careful not to reveal anything and even if he did, I won't reveal anything.

This is something that Jamie and I have talked about in the past. In fact, he and I spoke a little about it today. One thing to remember, Luc's death happened for a reason. We don't know the full story behind it yet, and knowing Jamie, we will. If I remember correctly, we do know at this time that Luc stood up to the Knights of Sarjanus. He wasn't going to return to a life of slavery.

I think that was what Jamie wrote me after my complaints. That all the deaths happened for a reason.

But still, when you get into the stories and into the characters and then they're, well, killed off....it's just sad :sneaky:

I'm really interested to know what will happened to Charles tho, never guessed that he was Chief of Secret Police :hug:

That the whole Red-and-Black legion was the Secret Police.

What was his name...Jonathan? Charles' brother. The one that is blind in the present of light and can see only in the dark.

Wonder what Jamie will tell him if he proceed to kill Charles. Pretty sad tho. I went back reading the stories and read about

their adventures and camaraderie together.

And who was that young Icarian whose HOV was shot after the meeting with Croal? Charles' mate?

And when will Jamie start posting again?

In Twilight General Peterson, head of US Strategic Command committed suicide after two big cities in the US got nuked.

This triggered a lot of reaction via email that went into three distinct camps:

1. Why did he do it- some people honestly didn't understand why he did it

2. Disapproval of suicide- I got lectured for putting a suicide in the story (after nuking two cities and starting a ground war in Asia) :hug:

3. Liked the character, was sad to see him go- which stunned me.

Twilight is huge. It has a cast of thousands and I only develop the characters of a few of them. Peterson was important because of his post but was not a character that I intentionally "developed".

Not that he was anything like Jamies' Luc but it's funny which characters readers latch on to.

I think that was what Jamie wrote me after my complaints. That all the deaths happened for a reason.

But still, when you get into the stories and into the characters and then they're, well, killed off....it's just sad :sneaky:

I'm really interested to know what will happened to Charles tho, never guessed that he was Chief of Secret Police :hug:

That the whole Red-and-Black legion was the Secret Police.

What was his name...Jonathan? Charles' brother. The one that is blind in the present of light and can see only in the dark.

Wonder what Jamie will tell him if he proceed to kill Charles. Pretty sad tho. I went back reading the stories and read about

their adventures and camaraderie together.

And who was that young Icarian whose HOV was shot after the meeting with Croal? Charles' mate?

And when will Jamie start posting again?

I'm curious about Charles' fate myself and what Jamie will do to him. I seriously doubt he'll be killed. That was a bit of a surprise to find out about Charles being the head. Once we get thru the Baron of Rood, the fourth section, will pick up where the confrontation left off. Something interesting to note. Up to this point in time, even tho Charles was all knowing, he knew nothing about Charlie. Since Jamie didn't have his memories, he didn't know the truth about Charles. Because of that, Charles was more relaxed than he normally would have been. However, Damian knew who and what he was.

My take on Jonathan is he is totally blind and was one of the experiments that lived that Renaud talked about. He may not be able to see with his eyes, but he had the ability to see in a way the others couldn't. That did become apparent to Jamie in the chapter involving the machine known as Lon Nol.

As to the Red and Black in Croal's office, there was no name mentioned. I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression that Charles never had a mate.

I can tell you that Jamie regrets not being able to post Chapter 32. Unfortunately, things happen that slow things down. He will get the chapter to Mike to post as soon as he can.

As I've stated before, Jamie does read what we post. He would rather we talk and answer each others questions. Sometimes, he may answer thru me.

We really don't have much information