Keith Morrissette

My current favorite is Falls Creek Lessons.

Codey

Ah- you can't go wrong Graeme. I've been hooked on New Brother myself for a long time and hang on every chapter.

There so much good stuff on this site it's unreal.

I like Dude's new Pick of the Week section. I'm currently reading Tristan's Redemption and enjoying the heck out of it. Great idea Dude!

I have to avoid Sequoyah though. Everytime I start one of his books, I'm worthless till I'm done.

TheEggman asked for his stories to be removed from each site and has withdrawn from the web. He did this because: (1) He has increased stress from his full-time job; (2) The cost, time, and effort to maintain his own site were too great; and unfortunately (3) He became upset over discussions regarding his stories and unrelated topics on various forums. For the third reason, he withdrew his stories from hosting sites and has withdrawn from the web. That is, perhaps regrettably, his choice.

New Brother is very dark and rather depressive. I actually sided with David. Can you believe that? Try Falls Creek Lessons. A light-hearted romance story.

Rad

Is Drama Club dark and depressive? A light hearted romance? A light hearted and depressive romance? Just curious.

Kisses to Rad!

TR

DC is definitely not light-hearted. Full of conflicts but NOT depressing :) I really like the emotions and chemistry between the characters. Really2x like your story Joey.

Have you received my mails? I didn't know you changed address

Cheers :)

Rad

New Brother is very dark and rather depressive. I actually sided with David. Can you believe that? Try Falls Creek Lessons. A light-hearted romance story.

Rad

Actually, I have a very different perspective on New Brother. I grew up in an environment that makes New Borther's setting look like kindergarden.

Sure, there is drama and conflict but the central characters better nature is shining through. It's hopeful with characters growing and changing before your eyes.

DC is definitely not light-hearted. Full of conflicts but NOT depressing :) I really like the emotions and chemistry between the characters. Really2x like your story Joey.

Have you received my mails? I didn't know you changed address

Cheers :)

Rad

Dear Rad

I'm trying to phase out my AOL account but its still active. The tragicrabbit domain addresses are through the website so they're also good. Did I not reply to the last email? If so, my humblest apologies. And thank you for the comments on DC. If my downstairs neighbor would stop bassing my head off my shoulders and the pictures off the walls, I could maybe get some writing done today. For months, I thought the heavy bass was from a nearby bar. Why are people so inconsiderate?

Kisses...

TR

If my downstairs neighbor would stop bassing my head off my shoulders and the pictures off the walls, I could maybe get some writing done today.

Haha, I know how you feel, man. My neighbors seem to have only one CD entitled "A hell of a lot of bass" that they play constantly. Plus, they also get a kick out of revving their engines for hours on end without ever driving anywhere. I've always imagined that they're amused by watching the RPM gauge going back and forth, but that's just a guess.

Noise-cancelling headphones are a godsend.

Haha, I know how you feel, man.  My neighbors seem to have only one CD entitled "A hell of a lot of bass" that they play constantly.  Plus, they also get a kick out of revving their engines for hours on end without ever driving anywhere.  I've always imagined that they're amused by watching the RPM gauge going back and forth, but that's just a guess.

That's just fucking eeire. You live on the same block I do. Is it a two story yellow house with a white garage door? A silver tricked-out low-riding Honda? If you say yes, I'll scream.

-- wbms

That's just fucking eeire. You live on the same block I do. Is it a two story yellow house with a white garage door? A silver tricked-out low-riding Honda? If you say yes, I'll scream.

-- wbms

Heh. Nope, don't scream just yet. No second stories, garages, or semi-expensive cars around here. I'm a trailor park kid, born n' raised. The engine-revver in question sits on a motorcycle in his front yard, eating beans out of a can and doing lines off of a switchblade. At least, he did, until the guy across the street got fed up with all the noise and punched him in the face, knocking him clear off the motorcycle. Endless entertainment, these guys are.

Hmm. I grew up next door to a trailer park.

That was how I met one of my best friends at that time. It should've been a clue when I first saw him and thought he looked good, as well as nice, but I hadn't figured that out yet. If things had worked out a little differently, I might've found out for sure if the vibes I was getting and the feelings I had developed for him were returned or were just my wishful thinking. Heh, I wonder what happened with him after he moved.

All of which says, some very fine people (in all senses) come from trailer parks.

• 3 years later...

I know this topic is ancient, but.. what DID happen to Keith Morrisette? Little Secrets, Little Lies was pretty amazing, and wednesday boy appears to still be unfinished.

It's rather depressing how many authors just vanish off the face of the earth - very often the best ones, too.

I know this topic is ancient, but.. what DID happen to Keith Morrisette? Little Secrets, Little Lies was pretty amazing, and wednesday boy appears to still be unfinished.

I edited both stories for Keith (as well as the second half of The Boyfriend), and know him well enough that I consider him a friend, at least on the phone and via email.

Keith developed a serious illness around 2004, and circumstances prevented him from continuing his writing. I've only heard from him sporadically since then, but I believe he's unable to work, and can't use the computer for more than a few minutes a day.

Wednesday Boy was complete except for the final chapter, and I've considered finishing it myself. I tried to pry Keith's notes for it from him, but my memory is that he had a computer crash (on top of his illness), and was unable to get it to me. It was essentially done -- the villain was caught and punished, and all that was needed was just to do a wrap-up chapter -- but I was beset with my own problems (having to work in Italy, plus two job chanages) that prevented me from doing it myself. Since then, I started a new novel, which has taken precedence over anything else.

Once I get Destiny done, I might consider doing an unauthorized final chapter for Wednesday. But that's assuming I can survive the year. (Times are tough and getting tougher.)