Candy Controversy

Gee, Gee, you really know how to stir up trouble, don't you?

I don't think I've eaten a Mars bar for 40 years or more, but do remember liking them better than MilkyWay or Three Musketeers.

I couldn't tell from the article which country is getting screwed with their own distinct product. But one of us is, and I'm sure ready to take to the warpath!

Or wasn't that your intent here? To Occupy Mars?

C

• 2 weeks later...

Almonds? Pah! You don't have almonds in a real Mars bar.

When I was knee high to a grasshopper my cousin used to work for Cadbury as a sales rep. When he visited he'd let me into the boot (trunk) of his car and I'd rush off to my room with my considerable spoils and nosh myself silly. :redface::smile:

When I was knee high to a grasshopper my cousin used to work for Cadbury as a sales rep. When he visited he'd let me into the boot (trunk) of his car and I'd rush off to my room with my considerable spoils and nosh myself silly. :redface::smile:

Well, I always heard that the next step to crazy, after hairy palms, from noshing too much, was sillyness!

Tim

Interesting subject. As I recall, it didn't matter which candy bar was eaten, as long as it was frozen first. Then you could take the wrapped bar and slap it down on a table and crack it into little pieces that would melt in your mouth and prolong the enjoyment. Perhaps I will try that again. It has been years since I bought a candy bar of any description. Thanks for the reminder...

Interesting subject. As I recall, it didn't matter which candy bar was eaten, as long as it was frozen first. Then you could take the wrapped bar and slap it down on a table and crack it into little pieces that would melt in your mouth and prolong the enjoyment. Perhaps I will try that again. It has been years since I bought a candy bar of any description. Thanks for the reminder...

I'd forgotten all about that! Yes, I did that too. Another good one to do that with is Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. They melt all over your hands when at room temperature, but can be handled more easily when frozen, and take much longer to melt in your mouth.

Thanks for the memory, James.

C

That pretty much describes every chocolate bar we ever brought home when I was a kid, as long as it was winter. The trick was getting your fingers warmed up enough that you could move 'em without tingles before the chocolate thawed.